This monthly notification is an outline of construction activities for the month of July 2019, pending City of Beverly Hills approval. Additional notices detailing these activities will be sent by email through the Purple Line Extension, Section 2 database. Please, sign-up at metro.net/purple.
Driveway Installation at N. Cañon Staging Yard (9383-9393 and 9395-9399 Wilshire Blvd.) and
Reeves Staging Yard (9430 Wilshire Blvd.)*
- Two driveways will be installed adjacent to the N. Cañon staging yard on the north sidewalk of Wilshire Blvd. and the east sidewalk of N. Cañon Dr. One driveway will be installed at the Reeves staging yard on Reeves Dr. These driveways will allow ingress/egress into the staging yards.
- Work will begin mid-July and will last approximately five days, Monday through Friday, 8am to 6pm.
- Sidewalks will be closed at the driveway locations during this period.
- Intermittent lane closures on westbound Wilshire Blvd. and northbound N. Cañon Dr. will be required from 9am to 4pm. Two lanes will be maintained on Wilshire Blvd. for eastbound and westbound traffic.
20-Foot Sound Wall Installation around N. Cañon Staging Yard (9383-9393 and 9395-9399 Wilshire Blvd.)*
- Installation of a 20-foot sound wall around the perimeter of the yard began mid-June and will continue through July. Work hours will be Monday through Friday, 8am to 6pm.
Utility Potholing, Relocation, and Replacement at Wilshire Blvd.*
- Utility work began in mid-April and will continue through the summer. Utility potholing, sewer relocation and water relocation are being done simultaneously to expedite the work.
- Work hours are Monday through Friday, 9am to 4pm and 8:15pm to 7am (night work as needed per city approval) and weekends from 10am to 6pm, as needed.
- Lane closures on Wilshire Blvd. will be required for this work with two lanes maintained eastbound and westbound during the day and one lane maintained in both directions during the night shift.
Installation of Geotechnical Instrumentation*
- Instruments are being installed within and around the station area in order to monitor ground movement, settlement, and other geological impacts. The design-build contractor will coordinate closely with private properties for installation at impacted properties.
- Installation began late June, but will continue for several months, as some instruments will be installed concurrently with other construction activities, including piling and decking.
- Work hours are Monday through Friday from 7am to 4pm and weekends from 8am to 7pm, as needed.
- Traffic, sidewalk, crosswalk, and parking meter closures may be required on Wilshire Blvd., Beverly Dr., Reeves Dr., N. Cañon Dr., and S. Cañon Dr., as well as the alley between Beverly Dr. and N. Cañon Dr. and the alley between N. Cañon Dr. and N. Crescent Dr. Flaggers, will be available at the alleyways to provide access during work hours.
*Work has received necessary permits and approvals or are pending approval by the City of Beverly Hills. Additional construction notices will be distributed with further details prior to the start of major activities.
Metro bus stops may be relocated or lines will be impacted. For information changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro or visit: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/
- All work has received necessary permits and approvals.
- Access for pedestrians will be maintained outside of the construction zone.
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained.
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice.
- 24/7 Hotline: 213.922.6934
- Please review our construction safety tips
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice
More About Metro
Eat Shop Play
Support businesses located along the project alignment! Eat, Shop, Play locally during construction. For all the details, visit metro.net/eatshopplay
Business Interruption Fund
Metro's Business Interruption Fund (BIF) provides financial assistance to qualifying small “mom and pop” businesses directly impacted by construction; learn more by visiting metro.net/bif. To apply, visit Metro’s program administrator, Pacific Coast Regional Small Business Development Corporation (PCR).
Doing Business with Metro
Metro works with small businesses throughout Los Angeles County! Would you like to be one of our vendors? Visit business.metro.net for more details!