Demolition of 9430 Wilshire Blvd (former Ace Gallery)
- Demolition of the former Ace Gallery will continue through late-November to prepare the construction staging area.
- There will be intermittent closures of the sidewalk along Wilshire Blvd. from Beverly Dr. to Reeves Dr. and the sidewalk along the west side of Reeves Dr. between Wilshire Blvd. and the alley. There will also be temporary closures of the alley behind the building.
- Eastbound Wilshire Blvd. from El Camino Dr. to Reeves Dr. will be reduced intermittently to two lanes during off-peak hours of 9am to 4pm.
- The northern portion of the park at 125 S Reeves Dr. will be closed during demolition activities.
- A second round of seismic boring studies began late-October and will continue through late-November. The borings will identify the soil conditions, including fault characteristics relative to the proposed Metro tunnels, and provide vital information for the design of the project.
- All work will be completed during the night following peak hour traffic times from 8pm to 6am.
- Lane reductions on Wilshire Blvd. will be required for this work.
- Utility potholing is scheduled to begin mid-November.
- Potholing is an excavation method used to investigate the soil in order to confirm any underground obstructions, such as utilities.
- All work will be completed during non-peak hour traffic times.
- Lane reductions on Wilshire Blvd. and adjoining streets will be required for this work.
There will be no construction activity taking place on Veteran’s Day or Thanksgiving Day.
Upcoming Construction Early January 2019
Demolition of N. Canon Properties (9383-9393 and 9395-9399 Wilshire Blvd.) and Utility Relocation Work
- Demolition of the N Canon Properties is anticipated to start early-January and will take approximately 5 weeks to complete.
- Utility relocation work including, sewer, water and fiber is anticipated to begin in January.
- Work hours will be Monday through Friday, 8am to 6pm.
- Lane closures on Wilshire Blvd will be required for this work. Wilshire Blvd will maintain two lanes eastbound and westbound.
*Work has received necessary permits and approvals or are pending approval by the City of Beverly Hills. Additional construction notices will be distributed with further details prior to the start of major activities.
Metro bus stops may be relocated or lines will be impacted. For information changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro or visit: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/
- All work has received necessary permits and approvals.
- Access for pedestrians will be maintained outside of the construction zone.
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained.
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice.
- 24/7 Hotline: 213.922.6934
- Please review our construction safety tips
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice
More About Metro
Eat Shop Play
Support businesses located along the project alignment! Eat, Shop, Play locally during construction. For all the details, visit metro.net/eatshopplay
Business Interruption Fund
Metro's Business Interruption Fund (BIF) provides financial assistance to qualifying small “mom and pop” businesses directly impacted by construction; learn more by visiting metro.net/bif. To apply, visit Metro’s program administrator, Pacific Coast Regional Small Business Development Corporation (PCR).
Doing Business with Metro
Metro works with small businesses throughout Los Angeles County! Would you like to be one of our vendors? Visit business.metro.net for more details!