This monthly notification is an outline of construction activities related to the Wilshire/Rodeo Station for the month of April 2020.
As part of the State, County, and applicable City orders specific to the COVID-19 response, Metro construction activities are currently included as “Essential” activities. Therefore, construction activities are continuing as permitted by the local jurisdiction.
Additional notices detailing these activities will be sent by email through the Purple Line Extension, Section 2 database. Please sign-up at metro.net/purple.
Wilshire Blvd. Full Closure Between Beverly Dr. and Crescent Dr.
- The Beverly Hills City Council has approved a full closure of Wilshire Blvd. between Beverly Dr. and Crescent Dr. to help expedite the construction of the Wilshire/Rodeo Station during the statewide pandemic health restrictions. This full closure will allow the contractor to utilize additional equipment, which will help expedite the completion of piling on the south side of Wilshire Blvd. as well as decking. Metro and the contractor anticipate that this closure could be in place from 1-3 months; however, upon request of the City, the contractor will restore the street to the current configuration.
- Construction work hours will remain the same (8am – 9pm) for drilling activities, (9pm – 11pm) for non-drilling activities. Hours may be adjusted for decking, which is anticipated to begin in May 2020.
- In addition to the full closure of Wilshire Blvd., there will be partial and full lane closures of the Wilshire Blvd./Beverly Dr. intersection.
- During the full closure, peak hour hauling restrictions have been lifted to allow hauling during am/pm peak hours.
- S. Cañon Dr. and Reeves Dr. will remain closed at Wilshire Blvd. for the duration of the full Wilshire Blvd. closure.
- During the temporary full closure of Wilshire Blvd. between Beverly Dr. and Crescent Dr., 720/20 Metro buses will be detoured starting Thursday, April 2 at 6am. Metro 720/20 bus detour route:
o Eastbound 720/20 Metro Bus Line: Turn left at the Wilshire Blvd./Santa Monica Blvd. intersection to Crescent Dr., turning right to S. Santa Monica Blvd., making a left turn to Burton Way and right onto Robertson Blvd. to Wilshire Blvd., turning left to continue the regular route on eastbound Wilshire Blvd.
o Westbound 720/20 Metro Bus Line: Turn right on Robertson Blvd., turning left onto Burton Way to S. Santa Monica Blvd., turning right at Crescent Dr. to Santa Monica Blvd., turning right and continuing to Wilshire Blvd. to resume the regular route.
o Metro 14 bus line will not be impacted until Monday, April 13.
Installation of Dewatering Wells*
- The design-build contractor will continue installing a dewatering well system to prepare the station footprint for tunneling. The installation will be completed within the existing K-rail closure and will require no additional closures. Work is anticipated to continue through piling and decking.
- Work hours are 7 days a week from 8am – 11pm with non-drilling activities from 9pm – 11pm.
Installation of Geotechnical Instrumentation*
- Instruments are being installed along the tunnel alignment and around the station box area in order to monitor ground movement, settlement, and other geological impacts. The design-build contractor will coordinate closely with private properties for installation at impacted properties.
- The installation will continue through piling and decking operations.
- Work hours are Monday through Friday from 8am – 6pm and Saturdays from 8am – 7pm.
- Installations this month are expected to occur along Wilshire Blvd. from Linden Dr. to La Cienega Blvd., Young Dr., Lasky Dr., S. Moreno Dr., Charleville Blvd., and Spalding Dr. Intermittent closures of traffic lanes, alleys, sidewalks, crosswalks, and parking meters may be required during work hours.
Work has received necessary permits and approvals or pending approval by the City of Beverly Hills. Additional construction notices will be distributed with further details prior to the start of major activities.
Metro bus stops may be relocated or lines will be impacted. For information changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro or visit: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/
- All work has received necessary permits and approvals.
- Access for pedestrians will be maintained outside of the construction zone.
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained.
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice.
- 24/7 Hotline: 213.922.6934
- Please review our construction safety tips
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice
More About Metro
Eat Shop Play
Support businesses located along the project alignment! Eat, Shop, Play locally during construction. For all the details, visit metro.net/eatshopplay
Business Interruption Fund
Metro's Business Interruption Fund (BIF) provides financial assistance to qualifying small “mom and pop” businesses directly impacted by construction; learn more by visiting metro.net/bif. To apply, visit Metro’s program administrator, Pacific Coast Regional Small Business Development Corporation (PCR).
Doing Business with Metro
Metro works with small businesses throughout Los Angeles County! Would you like to be one of our vendors? Visit business.metro.net for more details!
· During the temporary closure of Wilshire Bl between Beverly Dr and Crescent Dr, 720/20 Metro buses will be detoured starting Thursday, April 2 at 6am. Metro 720/20 bus detour route:
o Eastbound: Starting from Roxbury Dr., left on Camden Dr., to Santa Monica Blvd., right to Crescent Dr. turn left onto South Santa Monica Blvd. to Burton Way to Robertson Blvd., right to Wilshire Blvd. left at Wilshire Blvd. continuing regular route.
o Westbound: Regular route on Wilshire Blvd. to Robertson Blvd., right on Robertson Blvd. to Burton Way, left on Burton Way to South Santa Monica Blvd. to Crescent Dr, left onto Santa Monica Blvd., left at Bedford Dr. and right on Wilshire Blvd. to continue regular route.