This monthly notification is an outline of construction activities for the month of May 2019, pending City of Beverly Hills approval. Additional notices detailing these activities will be sent by email through the Purple Line Extension, Section 2 database. Please sign-up at metro.net/purple.
Sidewalk Repair and Driveway Installation at N. Cañon Staging Yard (9383-9393 and 9395-9399 Wilshire Blvd.)*
- Portions of the sidewalk adjacent to the staging yard will be repaired in early May and two driveways will be installed into the staging yard allowing ingress/egress from Wilshire Blvd. and N. Cañon Dr.
- This work will take approximately two weeks, Monday through Friday, 8am to 6pm.
- Intermittent sidewalk closures will be in place during work hours. For your safety, do not use streets as a walkway. Use sidewalks on west side of N. Cañon Dr. and south side of Wilshire Blvd.
- Intermittent lane closures on westbound Wilshire Blvd. and northbound N. Cañon Dr. will be in place from 9am to 4pm. Two lanes will be maintained eastbound and westbound.
20-Foot Sound Wall Installation at N. Cañon Staging Yard (9383-9393 and 9395-9399 Wilshire Blvd.)*
- Following sidewalk repairs and driveway construction, installation of a 20-foot sound wall around the perimeter of the yard will begin late May and will continue through June.
- Work hours will be Monday through Friday, 8am to 6pm.
Installation of Dewatering Wells at N. Cañon Staging Yard (9383-9393 and 9395-9399 Wilshire Blvd.)*
- Dewatering wells will be installed within the N. Cañon Staging Yard with one location on the north crosswalk at N. Cañon Dr/Wilshire Blvd.
- Installation will take a total of 8 days. Work on the crosswalk at N. Cañon Dr. will last 2-3 days beginning early May.
- Work hours: Monday – Friday, 8am – 11pm, with non-drilling activities from 9 – 11pm (pending Metro and City approval)
- Traffic Control (pending City approval)
- The crosswalk at N. Cañon Dr/Wilshire Blvd. providing east-west pedestrian access at N. Cañon Dr. will be closed for 2-3 days. Please use crosswalks at N. Cañon Dr./Clifton Way or S. Cañon Dr./Wilshire Blvd.
- Intermittent sidewalk closures along Wilshire Blvd. and N. Cañon.
- Intermittent traffic closures on westbound Wilshire Blvd. curb lane and northbound N. Cañon Dr.
- Left turn restrictions at southbound N. Cañon Dr. onto eastbound Wilshire Blvd. and eastbound Wilshire Blvd. onto northbound N. Cañon Dr.
Utility Potholing, Relocation, and Replacement at Wilshire Blvd.*
- Utility work began in mid-April and will continue through the summer.
- Utility potholing began mid-April and will continue through May to identify existing utilities below the street. Work hours for this activity will be Monday through Friday, 9am to 4pm.
- Water and sewer line relocation and replacement will take place late May through the summer. Work hours for utility relocation will be Monday through Friday, 9am to 4pm and 8pm to 7am.
- Lane closures on Wilshire Blvd. will be required for this work with two lanes maintained eastbound and westbound during the day and one lane maintained in both directions during the night shift.
Reeves Staging Yard Construction Completion (9430 Wilshire Blvd.)
- Installation of 20-foot sound wall was completed in April.
- Utility installation and other staging yard construction activities will continue through June.
.*Work has received necessary permits and approvals or are pending approval by the City of Beverly Hills. Additional construction notices will be distributed with further details prior to the start of major activities.
Metro bus stops may be relocated or lines will be impacted. For information changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro or visit: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/
- All work has received necessary permits and approvals.
- Access for pedestrians will be maintained outside of the construction zone.
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained.
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice.
- 24/7 Hotline: 213.922.6934
- Please review our construction safety tips
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice
More About Metro
Eat Shop Play
Support businesses located along the project alignment! Eat, Shop, Play locally during construction. For all the details, visit metro.net/eatshopplay
Business Interruption Fund
Metro's Business Interruption Fund (BIF) provides financial assistance to qualifying small “mom and pop” businesses directly impacted by construction; learn more by visiting metro.net/bif. To apply, visit Metro’s program administrator, Pacific Coast Regional Small Business Development Corporation (PCR).
Doing Business with Metro
Metro works with small businesses throughout Los Angeles County! Would you like to be one of our vendors? Visit business.metro.net for more details!