The Purple Line Extension continues with construction activities in Century City. A temporary bus layover will be constructed in the median of Santa Monica Blvd. between Avenue of the Stars and Century Park East. Intermittent lane closures will be implemented throughout construction. This work includes a temporary sidewalk closure on the southwest corner of Santa Monica Blvd. and Century Park East for one night on November 12.
- Bus layover work began Monday, October 22 with intermittent lane closures through Tuesday, November 20*.
- Weekday Work: Monday–Friday, 9am–3:30pm and 7pm–6am
- Weekend Work: November 3, 4, and 17, 9am–3:30pm and 7pm–6am
- Sidewalk closure will start Monday, November 12 from 7pm until 5am on Tuesday, November 13*.
- Temporary bus layover will be constructed in the median on Santa Monica Blvd. between Avenue of the Stars and Century Park East (see map).
- Temporary sidewalk closure on the southwest corner of Santa Monica Blvd. and Century Park East.
- Eastbound Santa Monica Blvd will remain open, with intermittent lane reductions.
- Access to all driveways & entrances will be maintained.
- Access for Emergency Vehicles & First Responders will be maintained.
- Metro bus lines 4, 704, 16, & 316 will be detoured from November 3 to November 8*. The active stops for these bus lines will be at Century Park West/Santa Monica Blvd and Santa Monica Blvd/Wilshire during this portion of construction.
*Construction is dynamic and is subject to change.
- All work has received necessary permits and approvals.
- Access to driveways, residences & businesses will be maintained at all times unless notified in advance.
- Access for pedestrians will be maintained outside of construction zones.
- Access for the Fire Department and emergency responders will be maintained.
- Parking restrictions will be implemented in the immediate area of the work zone.
- Metro 24-hour Hotline: 213.922.6934.
- Please review our construction safety tips
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice
For information changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro or visit: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/
More About Metro
Eat Shop Play
Support businesses located along the project alignment! Eat, Shop, Play locally during construction. For all the details, visit metro.net/eatshopplay
Business Interruption Fund
Metro's Business Interruption Fund (BIF) provides financial assistance to qualifying small “mom and pop” businesses directly impacted by construction; learn more by visiting metro.net/bif. To apply, visit Metro’s program administrator, Pacific Coast Regional Small Business Development Corporation (PCR).
Doing Business with Metro
Metro works with small businesses throughout Los Angeles County! Would you like to be one of our vendors? Visit business.metro.net for more details!