The Purple Line Extension is continuing with construction activities in Century City. A temporary bus layover is being constructed in the median on Santa Monica Blvd. between Avenue of the Stars and Century Park East. Construction of the new bus layover began late-October and will continue through early-December*. Intermittent lane closures will be implemented during off-peak hours.
This work also includes site improvements in the existing Metro bus lanes. Metro bus lines 4, 704, 16, & 316 are detoured until 5am on November 29, 2018*. The active stops for these bus lines are at Century Park West/Santa Monica Blvd. and Santa Monica Blvd./Wilshire Blvd. during this portion of construction.
Bus Layover Work
- October 22 through early-December*
- Monday – Friday
- 9am – 3:30pm and 7pm – 6am
- Median on Santa Monica Blvd. between Avenue of the Stars and Century Park East (see map)
- Bus stops for 4, 704, 16, & 316 on Santa Monica Blvd. will be detoured during site improvement work.
- The detour began on Saturday, November 3 and will continue through 5am on Thursday, November 29*.
- Active stops for these bus lines will be at Century Park West/Santa Monica Blvd. and Santa Monica Blvd./Wilshire Blvd. during this portion of construction.
- Eastbound Santa Monica Blvd. will remain open, with intermittent lane reductions during off-peak hours, Monday – Friday.
- Access to all driveways & entrances will be maintained.
- Access for Emergency Vehicles & First Responders will be maintained.
- Metro bus lines 4, 704, 16, & 316 will be detoured from November 3 and will continue through 5am on Thursday, November 29*.
- The active stops for these bus lines will be at Century Park West/Santa Monica Blvd. and Santa Monica Blvd./Wilshire Blvd. during this portion of construction.
*Construction is dynamic and is subject to change.
- All work has received necessary permits and approvals.
- Access to driveways, residences & businesses will be maintained at all times unless notified in advance.
- Access for pedestrians will be maintained outside of construction zones.
- Access for the Fire Department and emergency responders will be maintained.
- Parking restrictions will be implemented in the immediate area of the work zone.
- Metro 24-hour Hotline: 213.922.6934.
- Please review our construction safety tips
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice
For information changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro or visit: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/
More About Metro
Eat Shop Play
Support businesses located along the project alignment! Eat, Shop, Play locally during construction. For all the details, visit metro.net/eatshopplay
Business Interruption Fund
Metro's Business Interruption Fund (BIF) provides financial assistance to qualifying small “mom and pop” businesses directly impacted by construction; learn more by visiting metro.net/bif. To apply, visit Metro’s program administrator, Pacific Coast Regional Small Business Development Corporation (PCR).
Doing Business with Metro
Metro works with small businesses throughout Los Angeles County! Would you like to be one of our vendors? Visit business.metro.net for more details!