The Purple Line Extension Subway Project, Section 2 design builder (TPOG) has begun construction work in Century City for the future Century City/Constellation station, which will be located on the northeast corner of Constellation Blvd. and Avenue of the Stars.
Pile drilling work began last week and will continue through late November*. During pile drilling, 70- to 90-foot holes are augured into the streets along the perimeter of the launch box.
This work will occur within the full closure on Constellation Blvd and includes using a rig to drill holes into the ground and using a crane to lift piles into these holes. The driveway behind Watt Plaza will be closed for two weekends to complete the piling work across the driveway. Equipment will continue to be hauled from the staging yard to the launch box using flaggers to coordinate with the existing traffic signalization cycle across Century Park East.
- Work began last week and will continue through late-November*
- Hours: 24/7
Watt Plaza Weekend Driveway Closures
- Friday, October 19 to Monday, October 22 for 3 nights *
- Friday, October 26 to Monday, October 29 for 3 nights *
- Work Hours: 7pm, Fridays – 7am, Mondays
*Construction is dynamic and is subject to change.
- All work has received necessary permits and approvals.
- Access to driveways, residences & businesses will be maintained at all times unless notified in advance.
- Access for pedestrians will be maintained outside of construction zones.
- Access for the Fire Department and emergency responders will be maintained.
- Parking restrictions will be implemented in the immediate area of the work zone.
- Metro 24-hour Hotline: 213.922.6934.
- Please review our construction safety tips
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice
For information changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro or visit: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/
More About Metro
Eat Shop Play
Support businesses located along the project alignment! Eat, Shop, Play locally during construction. For all the details, visit metro.net/eatshopplay
Business Interruption Fund
Metro's Business Interruption Fund (BIF) provides financial assistance to qualifying small “mom and pop” businesses directly impacted by construction; learn more by visiting metro.net/bif. To apply, visit Metro’s program administrator, Pacific Coast Regional Small Business Development Corporation (PCR).
Doing Business with Metro
Metro works with small businesses throughout Los Angeles County! Would you like to be one of our vendors? Visit business.metro.net for more details!