The Purple Line Extension Subway Project, Section 2 design-builder, Tutor-Perini/O&G, continues pre-construction work activities in Century City for the future Century City/Constellation Station, which will be located on the northeast corner of Constellation Blvd. and Avenue of the Stars.
Pre-construction includes capping the existing gas service line to 1950 Century Park East (formerly AAA building). SoCal Gas will be working on the intersection of Century Park East and Constellation Blvd. for this work. Southbound Century Park East will be reduced to one lane of traffic. Right turns from southbound Century Park East to westbound Constellation Blvd. will be restricted. Access to all driveways will be maintained.
Please see the map below for reference.
Dates and Times:
- Wednesday, September 12 for 1 night *
- Work hours: 7pm – 6am
- The intersection of Century Park East and Constellation Blvd.
- Southbound Century Park East will be reduced to one lane of traffic.
- Restricted right turns from southbound Century Park East onto westbound Constellation Blvd.
- All work has received necessary permits and approvals.
- Access to driveways, residences & businesses will be maintained at all times unless notified in advance.
- Access for pedestrians will be maintained outside of construction zones.
- Access for the Fire Department and emergency responders will be maintained.
- Parking restrictions will be implemented in the immediate area of the work zone.
- Metro 24-hour Hotline: 213.922.6934.
- Please review our construction safety tips
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice
For information changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro or visit: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/
More About Metro
Eat Shop Play
Support businesses located along the project alignment! Eat, Shop, Play locally during construction. For all the details, visit metro.net/eatshopplay
Business Interruption Fund
Metro's Business Interruption Fund (BIF) provides financial assistance to qualifying small “mom and pop” businesses directly impacted by construction; learn more by visiting metro.net/bif. To apply, visit Metro’s program administrator, Pacific Coast Regional Small Business Development Corporation (PCR).
Doing Business with Metro
Metro works with small businesses throughout Los Angeles County! Would you like to be one of our vendors? Visit business.metro.net for more details!