The design-build contractor will install the second driveway into the N. Cañon staging yard beginning Monday, August 5 through the end of the week from 8am to 6pm. The driveway will be located on N. Cañon Dr. near the intersection at Wilshire Blvd. Work will also include the removal of a street light to accommodate for an ADA-compliant ramp at the crosswalk. The installation will require sidewalk, lane, and crosswalk closures during day and night hours.
- Sidewalk adjacent to the N. Cañon staging yard will be closed for two days and overnight on August 7* (see map)
- Intermittent lane closure of westbound curb traffic lane of Wilshire Blvd. and northbound curb traffic lane of N. Cañon Dr.
- Work will occur August 5 thought 9, 2019* from 8am to 6pm
- Sidewalk closure will occur overnight on August 7
- Note: Traffic control in place between 9am–4pm
- Sidewalk adjacent to the N. Cañon staging yard will be closed. Use sidewalks across the street from work areas. For your safety, do not use the streets as a walkway.
*Construction is dynamic and is subject to change.
- All work has received necessary permits and approvals.
- Access to driveways, residences & businesses will be maintained at all times unless notified in advance.
- Access for pedestrians will be maintained outside of construction zones.
- Access for the Fire Department and emergency responders will be maintained.
- Parking restrictions will be implemented in the immediate area of the work zone.
- Metro 24-hour Hotline: 213.922.6934.
- Please review our construction safety tips
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice
For information changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro or visit: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/
More About Metro
Eat Shop Play
Support businesses located along the project alignment! Eat, Shop, Play locally during construction. For all the details, visit metro.net/eatshopplay
Business Interruption Fund
Metro's Business Interruption Fund (BIF) provides financial assistance to qualifying small “mom and pop” businesses directly impacted by construction; learn more by visiting metro.net/bif. To apply, visit Metro’s program administrator, Pacific Coast Regional Small Business Development Corporation (PCR).
Doing Business with Metro
Metro works with small businesses throughout Los Angeles County! Would you like to be one of our vendors? Visit business.metro.net for more details!