The Purple Line Extension Subway Project, Section 2 design builder (TPOG) continues pre-construction work activities in Century City for the future Century City/Constellation station, which will be located on the northeast corner of Constellation Blvd. and Avenue of the Stars.
Pre-construction includes potholing on Constellation Blvd. to locate and identify the underground utilities within the Launch Box. Traffic control measures will be put in place on Constellation Blvd. between Avenue of the Stars and Century Park East.
- Access to the north side driveway on Constellation Blvd. (near Watt Plaza) will be maintained from westbound Constellation during this work.
- Tenants and visitors can access the properties and parking lots north of Constellation from driveways on Century Park East or Santa Monica Blvd.
- Constellation driveway access for large delivery trucks will be maintained and facilitated by a flagger.
- Egress from the north Constellation driveway will be limited to rights turns onto westbound Constellation Blvd.
- Access to the Century Park driveway and Craft Valet on Constellation Blvd. will be maintained during these work phases.
Please see the maps for reference.
Where: Constellation Blvd. between Avenue of the Stars and Century Park East
- Monday, July 30 to Friday, August 3 for 5 days*
- 9am – 3:30 pm
- Driveway on North Constellation will be accessible to westbound traffic.
- Monday, August 6 to Friday, August 10 for 5 days*
- 9am – 3:30 pm
- There will be one lane going Eastbound and Westbound.
- Monday, August 13 to Friday, August 17 for 5 days*
- 9am – 3:30 pm
- Eastbound access is limited.
*All dates are subject to change.
- All work has received necessary permits and approvals.
- Access to driveways, residences & businesses will be maintained at all times unless notified in advance.
- Access for pedestrians will be maintained outside of construction zones.
- Access for the Fire Department and emergency responders will be maintained.
- Parking restrictions will be implemented in the immediate area of the work zone.
- For emergencies or issues needing immediate attention only, please call Metro 24-hour Hotline at 213.922.6934
- Please review our construction safety tips
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice
For information changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro or visit: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/
More About Metro
Eat Shop Play
Support businesses located along the project alignment! Eat, Shop, Play locally during construction. For all the details, visit metro.net/eatshopplay
Business Interruption Fund
Metro's Business Interruption Fund (BIF) provides financial assistance to qualifying small “mom and pop” businesses directly impacted by construction; learn more by visiting metro.net/bif. To apply, visit Metro’s program administrator, Pacific Coast Regional Small Business Development Corporation (PCR).
Doing Business with Metro
Metro works with small businesses throughout Los Angeles County! Would you like to be one of our vendors? Visit business.metro.net for more details!