The design-build contractor for the Purple Line Extension Project Section 2 continues utility work on Wilshire Blvd. between El Camino Dr. and Crescent Dr. Work includes potholing, sewer line relocation, water line relocation, and storm drain replacement. To expedite work, these activities will continue weekends beginning July 20, 2019 through September 2019 from 8am to 8pm. Lane closures, crosswalk closures, and sidewalk closures will be required for this work. One lane will remain open in each direction on Wilshire Blvd.
- Utility work will occur on Wilshire Blvd. between El Camino Dr. and Crescent Dr.
- Crosswalk and sidewalk closures may be required within the work area.
- July 20, 2019 – September 29, 2019*
- Saturday – Sunday, 8am – 8pm
- One lane will remain open eastbound and westbound on Wilshire Blvd.
- Turn closures will be required at Beverly Dr. and N. Cañon Dr. during work hours.
- Crosswalks and sidewalks may be closed within the work area. Please use sidewalks on opposite sides of the street and avoid using streets as a walkway.
- All work has received necessary permits and approvals.
- Access to driveways, residences & businesses will be maintained at all times unless notified in advance.
- Access for pedestrians will be maintained outside of construction zones.
- Access for the Fire Department and emergency responders will be maintained.
- Parking restrictions will be implemented in the immediate area of the work zone.
- Metro 24-hour Hotline: 213.922.6934.
- Please review our construction safety tips
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice
For information changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro or visit: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/
More About Metro
Eat Shop Play
Support businesses located along the project alignment! Eat, Shop, Play locally during construction. For all the details, visit metro.net/eatshopplay
Business Interruption Fund
Metro's Business Interruption Fund (BIF) provides financial assistance to qualifying small “mom and pop” businesses directly impacted by construction; learn more by visiting metro.net/bif. To apply, visit Metro’s program administrator, Pacific Coast Regional Small Business Development Corporation (PCR).
Doing Business with Metro
Metro works with small businesses throughout Los Angeles County! Would you like to be one of our vendors? Visit business.metro.net for more details!