On June 24, 2019, the design-build contractor began the installation of instruments within the station box area to monitor ground movement, settlement and other geological conditions during construction. These installations will continue for several months in coordination with other construction activities and will be installed within the public right of way and within privately owned properties. This work will require intermittent closures of lanes, crosswalks, and alleys.
All work will take place Monday through Friday from 7am to 4pm and weekends from 8am to 7pm, as needed. Traffic control will be implemented Monday through Friday from 9am to 4pm.
- Installations to be completed on Wilshire Blvd., Beverly Dr., Reeves Dr., N. Cañon Dr., S. Cañon Dr., and alleys in the station area between Beverly Dr. and Crescent Dr. within a half-block north and south of Wilshire Blvd.
- The contractor will coordinate directly with private properties for installation.
- Beginning June 24, 2019*
- Anticipated Completion: Early November*
- Work Hours: Monday–Friday, 7am–4pm
- Traffic Control: Monday–Friday, 9am–4pm
- No work will take place on City Holidays
- Intermittent closure of crosswalks at Wilshire Blvd./Beverly Dr., Wilshire Blvd./N Cañon Dr., and Wilshire Blvd./S Cañon Dr.
- Intermittent half-block lane closures of Beverly Dr. north and south of Wilshire Blvd., Reeves Dr.,
N Cañon Dr., and S Cañon Dr.
- Intermittent closures of alleys half-block north and south of Wilshire Blvd. between Beverly Dr. and Crescent Dr. Flaggers will be available at alleys during work hours.
- Two lanes will always be maintained in each direction during daytime work.
- All work has received necessary permits and approvals.
- Access to driveways, residences & businesses will be maintained at all times unless notified in advance.
- Access for pedestrians will be maintained outside of construction zones.
- Access for the Fire Department and emergency responders will be maintained.
- Parking restrictions will be implemented in the immediate area of the work zone.
- Metro 24-hour Hotline: 213.922.6934.
- Please review our construction safety tips
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice
For information changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro or visit: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/
More About Metro
Eat Shop Play
Support businesses located along the project alignment! Eat, Shop, Play locally during construction. For all the details, visit metro.net/eatshopplay
Business Interruption Fund
Metro's Business Interruption Fund (BIF) provides financial assistance to qualifying small “mom and pop” businesses directly impacted by construction; learn more by visiting metro.net/bif. To apply, visit Metro’s program administrator, Pacific Coast Regional Small Business Development Corporation (PCR).
Doing Business with Metro
Metro works with small businesses throughout Los Angeles County! Would you like to be one of our vendors? Visit business.metro.net for more details!