Beginning June 24, 2019, the design-build contractor will begin sidewalk repairs adjacent to the N. Cañon staging yard and the installation of sound walls around the perimeter of the yard. Sidewalks on the north side of Wilshire Blvd. and east side of N. Cañon Dr. will be reduced to 3 feet in width during repairs through early July and will continue to comply with ADA requirements. Pedestrians will continue to have sidewalk access.
Twenty-foot sound walls will be installed to mitigate noise from within the yard to the surrounding area. Installation is anticipated to last through July. No lane closures will be required. All work will take place from Monday through Friday from 8am to 6pm.
- The sidewalk adjacent to the yard along Wilshire Blvd. and N. Canon Dr. will be reduced to 3 feet in width (see map area highlighted in red)
- Beginning June 24, 2019*
- Sidewalk reduction in place through early July
- Sound wall installation continuing through July
- Work Hours: Monday–Friday, 8am–6pm
- No work will take place on July 4, 2019 in observance of Independence Day
- Sidewalks on the north side of Wilshire Blvd. and east side of N. Cañon Dr. will be accessible to pedestrians in compliance with ADA requirements.
- All work has received necessary permits and approvals.
- Access to driveways, residences & businesses will be maintained at all times unless notified in advance.
- Access for pedestrians will be maintained outside of construction zones.
- Access for the Fire Department and emergency responders will be maintained.
- Parking restrictions will be implemented in the immediate area of the work zone.
- Metro 24-hour Hotline: 213.922.6934.
- Please review our construction safety tips
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice
For information changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro or visit: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/
More About Metro
Eat Shop Play
Support businesses located along the project alignment! Eat, Shop, Play locally during construction. For all the details, visit metro.net/eatshopplay
Business Interruption Fund
Metro's Business Interruption Fund (BIF) provides financial assistance to qualifying small “mom and pop” businesses directly impacted by construction; learn more by visiting metro.net/bif. To apply, visit Metro’s program administrator, Pacific Coast Regional Small Business Development Corporation (PCR).
Doing Business with Metro
Metro works with small businesses throughout Los Angeles County! Would you like to be one of our vendors? Visit business.metro.net for more details!