The design-build contractor for the Purple Line Extension project in Section 2 recently completed demolition of the former Ace Gallery at 9430 Wilshire Blvd. to prepare the construction staging area. Starting next week, the contractor will begin installing piles around the property to support the 20-foot sound wall intended to mitigate noise from construction activities.
The exterior side of the sound walls will feature City approved public information graphics. Work will take place from 8am to 6pm Monday through Friday.
Sound Wall Installation around the former Ace Gallery (9430 Wilshire Blvd.)
- December 26, 2018 through January 2019*
- Monday–Friday, 8am–6pm
- No work will occur on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year’s Eve, New Year’s Day, and Martin Luther King Jr. Day
*Construction is dynamic and is subject to change.
- All work has received necessary permits and approvals.
- Access to driveways, residences & businesses will be maintained at all times unless notified in advance.
- Access for pedestrians will be maintained outside of the construction zone.
- Access for Fire Department and emergency responders will be maintained.
- Parking restrictions will be implemented in the immediate area of the work zone.
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice.
- 24/7 Hotline: 213.922.6934
- Please review our construction safety tips
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice
For information changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro or visit: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/
More About Metro
Eat Shop Play
Support businesses located along the project alignment! Eat, Shop, Play locally during construction. For all the details, visit metro.net/eatshopplay
Business Interruption Fund
Metro's Business Interruption Fund (BIF) provides financial assistance to qualifying small “mom and pop” businesses directly impacted by construction; learn more by visiting metro.net/bif. To apply, visit Metro’s program administrator, Pacific Coast Regional Small Business Development Corporation (PCR).
Doing Business with Metro
Metro works with small businesses throughout Los Angeles County! Would you like to be one of our vendors? Visit business.metro.net for more details!