The design-build contractor for the Purple Line Extension project for Section 2 continues demolition of the former Ace Gallery at 9430 Wilshire Blvd. to prepare the construction staging area. This work includes intermittent sidewalk closures along Wilshire Blvd. from Beverly Dr. to Reeves Dr. and the westside sidewalk on Reeves Dr. between Wilshire Blvd. and the alley.
Eastbound Wilshire Blvd. from Beverly Dr. to Reeves Dr. will be reduced intermittently to two lanes during off-peak hours. There will also be temporary closures of the alley behind the former Ace Gallery.
Intermittent closures of the following:
- Sidewalk along Wilshire Blvd. from Beverly Dr. to Reeves Dr.
- Westside sidewalk on Reeves Dr. between Wilshire Blvd. and the alley
- Alley behind the former Ace Gallery
- Lane reductions on Wilshire Blvd. from Beverly Dr. to Reeves Dr.
- Starting October through late November*
- Monday – Friday, 9am – 4pm
- All work has received necessary permits and approvals.
- Access to driveways, residences & businesses will be maintained at all times unless notified in advance.
- Access for pedestrians will be maintained outside of the construction zone.
- Access for Fire Department and emergency responders will be maintained.
- Parking restrictions will be implemented in the immediate area of the work zone.
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice.
- 24/7 Hotline: 213.922.6934
- Please review our construction safety tips
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice
For information changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro or visit: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/
More About Metro
Eat Shop Play
Support businesses located along the project alignment! Eat, Shop, Play locally during construction. For all the details, visit metro.net/eatshopplay
Business Interruption Fund
Metro's Business Interruption Fund (BIF) provides financial assistance to qualifying small “mom and pop” businesses directly impacted by construction; learn more by visiting metro.net/bif. To apply, visit Metro’s program administrator, Pacific Coast Regional Small Business Development Corporation (PCR).
Doing Business with Metro
Metro works with small businesses throughout Los Angeles County! Would you like to be one of our vendors? Visit business.metro.net for more details!