The Purple Line Extension Subway Project, Section 2 is moving forward with pre-construction activities on Constellation Blvd. east of Avenue of the Stars to prepare for an extended closure of Constellation Blvd. in June. The work will occur from 6am to 6pm, Monday through Saturday and is expected to start Thursday, May 24.
Activities include tree removal and street light removal on the south side of Constellation Blvd. The construction team will also be removing the abandoned oil lines located under the sidewalk on the south side of Constellation Blvd.
Construction activities will prohibit pedestrian access within the work area outlined below in red. All activities listed above will prepare the way for construction of the tunnel boring machine launch box. For additional construction information, please visit metro.net/purple.
- Expected Start Date: Thursday, May 24, 2018
- Work will be coordinated with the upcoming 15-month full closure of Constellation Blvd.
- Work Hours: 6am – 6pm, Monday – Saturday
- Eastbound Constellation Blvd. will be reduced to one (1) lane east of Avenue of the Stars.
- Left turn lanes on southbound Avenue of the Stars will be reduced to one (1) lane at Constellation.
- All turn lanes will be protected.
- All driveways will be protected.
- The south sidewalk along Constellation Blvd. will be closed until further notice.
- Access for Emergency Vehicles & First Responders will be maintained.
- All work has received necessary permits and approvals.
- Access to driveways, residences & businesses will be maintained at all times unless notified in advance.
- Access for pedestrians will be maintained outside of construction zones.
- Access for the Fire Department and emergency responders will be maintained.
- Parking restrictions will be implemented in the immediate area of the work zone.
- For construction related issues needing immediate attention, please call Metro 24-hour Hotline at 213.922.6934.
- Please review our construction safety tips
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice
For information changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro or visit: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/
More About Metro
Eat Shop Play
Support businesses located along the project alignment! Eat, Shop, Play locally during construction. For all the details, visit metro.net/eatshopplay
Business Interruption Fund
Metro's Business Interruption Fund (BIF) provides financial assistance to qualifying small “mom and pop” businesses directly impacted by construction; learn more by visiting metro.net/bif. To apply, visit Metro’s program administrator, Pacific Coast Regional Small Business Development Corporation (PCR).
Doing Business with Metro
Metro works with small businesses throughout Los Angeles County! Would you like to be one of our vendors? Visit business.metro.net for more details!