The seismic boring study in the City of Beverly Hills for Section 2 of the Purple Line Extension Project continues throughout June and July. The seismic boring study is being conducted to determine the limits of the fault line within the tunneling path. The borings will identify the subsurface conditions, including fault characteristics relative to the proposed Metro tunnels, and provide vital information for the design of the project. Lane reductions on Wilshire Blvd. will be required for this work.
Work in the following areas will occur from 9am to 4pm on the dates listed below. Below is the scheduled seismic boring worksite and traffic plan for work sites 7 and 10.
Where and When
FI-B-07: Wilshire Blvd. between Camden Dr. and Rodeo Dr.
- July 10-13, July 16-18 for 7 days (exact dates are subject to change)
- 9am to 4pm
FI-B-10: Wilshire Blvd. at the southwest corner of S. Crescent Dr.
- July 19-20, July 23-27, for 7 days (exact dates are subject to change)
- 9am to 4pm
Metro bus stops may be relocated or lines will be impacted. For information changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro or visit: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/
- All work has received necessary permits and approvals.
- Access for pedestrians will be maintained outside of the construction zone.
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained.
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice.
- 24/7 Hotline: 213.922.6934
- Please review our construction safety tips
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice
More About Metro
Eat Shop Play
Support businesses located along the project alignment! Eat, Shop, Play locally during construction. For all the details, visit metro.net/eatshopplay
Business Interruption Fund
Metro's Business Interruption Fund (BIF) provides financial assistance to qualifying small “mom and pop” businesses directly impacted by construction; learn more by visiting metro.net/bif. To apply, visit Metro’s program administrator, Pacific Coast Regional Small Business Development Corporation (PCR).
Doing Business with Metro
Metro works with small businesses throughout Los Angeles County! Would you like to be one of our vendors? Visit business.metro.net for more details!
· FI-B-07: Wilshire Blvd. between Camden Dr. and Rodeo Dr.
· June 12-15, June 18-21, for 8 days (exact dates are subject to change)