During this month (May), the Purple Line Extension Subway Project, Section 2 will begin a seismic boring study in the City of Beverly Hills. The seismic boring study is being conducted to determine the limits of the fault line within the tunneling path. The borings will identify the subsurface conditions, including fault characteristics relative to the proposed Metro tunnels, and provide vital information for the design of the project. Lane reductions on Wilshire Blvd. will be required for this work. Below is the scheduled seismic boring worksite and traffic plan for Site 5.
Where and When
FI-B-05: Wilshire Blvd. between Peck Dr. and Camden Dr.
- May 21–24, for 3 nights
- 8pm to 6am
Metro bus stops may be relocated or lines will be impacted. For information changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro or visit: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/
- All work has received necessary permits and approvals.
- Access for pedestrians will be maintained outside of the construction zone.
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained.
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice.
- 24/7 Hotline: 213.922.6934
- Please review our construction safety tips
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice
More About Metro
Eat Shop Play
Support businesses located along the project alignment! Eat, Shop, Play locally during construction. For all the details, visit metro.net/eatshopplay
Business Interruption Fund
Metro's Business Interruption Fund (BIF) provides financial assistance to qualifying small “mom and pop” businesses directly impacted by construction; learn more by visiting metro.net/bif. To apply, visit Metro’s program administrator, Pacific Coast Regional Small Business Development Corporation (PCR).
Doing Business with Metro
Metro works with small businesses throughout Los Angeles County! Would you like to be one of our vendors? Visit business.metro.net for more details!