Metro contractors are continuing excavation work to relocate underground water, power and telecommunications equipment in Westwood. AUR is expected to be completed in 2020.
While AUR is being performed, some traffic lanes will be temporarily reduced or access might be restricted. Please note posted signs near construction zones, which will provide motorists and pedestrians safe, alternate routes for travel through the area.
Weekend Work on Westwood Blvd.
From 9pm on Friday, June 29 continuously through 6am on Monday, July 2
- Westwood Blvd. will be closed between Wilshire Blvd. and Lindbrook Ave. for street repaving.
- The crosswalk on the north-side of Wilshire Blvd. at Westwood Blvd. will be closed.
Weeknight Work on Wilshire Blvd.
Monday, July 2 to Thursday, July 12, from 9pm to 6am, weeknights only (with exception to July 3 and 4)
- Intermittent lane reductions on Wilshire Blvd. between Westwood Blvd. and Midvale Ave.
- Left turn lanes will be intermittently reduced to one lane from eastbound Wilshire Blvd. to northbound Westwood Blvd.
- Parking is restricted and the tow-away zone will be enforced on the north side of Wilshire Blvd. from Malcom Ave. through Glendon Ave.
- There will be no work on July 3 and 4 in observance of Independence Day.
Pedestrian sidewalks and all businesses remain open during construction.
*New traffic control plans will be implemented for each stage of AUR. Construction updates for each stage will be sent out to the public each week.
Nighttime bus routes will be relocated to accommodate the construction activities around Wilshire/Westwood.
Metro Bus Lines 234, 602, and 734 will be rerouted through Kinross Ave. and Veteran Ave. from 9pm to 6am, Monday through Thursday and from 9pm to 6am, Friday through Monday.
Our construction may have relocated your bus stop, or changed your route. For information changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro or visit: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/
What to Expect
- All work has received necessary permits and approvals.
- Access to driveways, homes & businesses will be maintained at all times unless notified in advance.
- Access for pedestrians will be maintained outside of construction zones.
- Access for the Fire Department and emergency responders will be maintained.
- Temporary lane closures will be required; detours with signage will be implemented.
- Parking restrictions will be implemented in the immediate area of the work zone.
- Temporary bus stops with relocation signage will be implemented.
- For emergencies or issues needing immediate attention only, please call the 24/7 hotline at (213) 922-6934.
- Please review our construction safety tips
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained
More About Metro
Eat Shop Play
Support businesses located along the project alignment! Eat, Shop, Play locally during construction. For all the details, visit metro.net/eatshopplay
Business Interruption Fund
Metro's Business Interruption Fund (BIF) provides financial assistance to qualifying small “mom and pop” businesses directly impacted by construction; learn more by visiting metro.net/bif. To apply, visit Metro’s program administrator, Pacific Coast Regional Small Business Development Corporation (PCR).
Doing Business with Metro
Metro works with small businesses throughout Los Angeles County! Would you like to be one of our vendors? Visit business.metro.net for more details!