As part of the State, County, and applicable City orders specific to the COVID-19 response, Metro construction activities are currently included as “Essential” activities. Therefore, construction activities are continuing as permitted by the local jurisdiction.
Last week, the design-build contractor implemented a temporary full closure of Wilshire Blvd. between Beverly Dr. to Crescent Dr. to help expedite work during the statewide pandemic health restrictions. Beginning Monday, April 13, the contractor will extend the existing full closure west to El Camino Dr. The full closure will be in effect for 1-3 months to allow the contractor to utilize additional equipment, which would help expedite the completion of piling on the south side of Wilshire Blvd. as well as decking. The intersection of Wilshire Blvd./ Beverly Dr. will be closed.
- Full closure to be extended west to El Camino Dr. stretching east to Crescent Dr. (see map below)
- The intersection of Wilshire Blvd./Beverly Dr. will be closed to through traffic until further notice. Beverly Dr. will become a cul-de-sac both north and south of Wilshire Blvd. to allow local access to businesses north and south of the closure.
- Beginning Monday, April 13, 2020
- Duration: 1-3 months, or until the City concludes the full closure
- Closure hours: 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Detours and advanced signage will be in place to route traffic around the closure.
- El Camino Dr.: Vehicles heading northbound can make a left turn at Wilshire Blvd. or continue straight into the alley. Vehicles heading eastbound toward Beverly Dr. will be able to make a right onto El Camino Dr., a U-turn back to westbound Wilshire Blvd., or make a left and enter the alley.
- Beverly Dr. will become a cul-de-sac both north and south of Wilshire Blvd. Vehicles will be able to make a U-turn on either side of Wilshire Blvd. Crosswalks across Wilshire Blvd. will be closed. Crosswalks across Beverly Dr. will remain open.
- Reeves Dr. and S. Cañon Dr.: Both streets will be closed to through traffic north of the alley. Access will be maintained for the Rolex building, Sirtaj, and East West Bank. All other vehicles must turn right into the alley or make a U-turn to head southbound on Reeves Dr. and S. Cañon Dr.
- Crescent Dr.: Crescent remains open for through traffic. Wilshire Blvd. east of Crescent Dr. remains accessible. Access will be maintained for The Sixty Beverly Hills.
- Sidewalks will be maintained on both the north and south sides of Wilshire Blvd. west of Beverly Dr. The north sidewalk between Beverly Dr. and Crescent Dr. remains accessible. The south sidewalk is closed between Beverly Dr. and Reeves Dr.
- Parking meters will be impacted on both east and west sides of N. Beverly Dr.
Our construction may have relocated your bus stop, or changed your route. For information changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro or visit: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/
- Construction within project staging yards is 24-hours/day.
- All work has received necessary permits and approvals.
- Access for pedestrians will be maintained outside of the construction zone.
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained.
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice.
- 24/7 Hotline: 213.922.6934
- Please review our construction safety tips
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained
More About Metro
Eat Shop Play
Support businesses located along the project alignment! Eat, Shop, Play locally during construction. For all the details, visit metro.net/eatshopplay
Business Interruption Fund
Metro's Business Interruption Fund (BIF) provides financial assistance to qualifying small “mom and pop” businesses directly impacted by construction; learn more by visiting metro.net/bif. To apply, visit Metro’s program administrator, Pacific Coast Regional Small Business Development Corporation (PCR).
Doing Business with Metro
Metro works with small businesses throughout Los Angeles County! Would you like to be one of our vendors? Visit business.metro.net for more details!