This monthly notification is an outline of construction activities in Century City for the month of August 2018. Additional notices detailing these activities will be sent by email through the Purple Line Extension, Section 2 database. Please sign-up at metro.net/purple.
Demolition of 1940 and 1950 Century Park East
- Demolition of the buildings located at 1940 and 1950 Century Park East began on June 4 to create space for the construction staging yard. This work is anticipated to be completed on or before August 10.
- The temporary pedestrian canopy will remain until the completion of the demolition activities.
- Following demolition, a 20-foot sound wall will be installed around the perimeters of 1940 and 1950 Century Park East to mitigate noise from construction activities.
Oil Line Removal from Public Right-of-Way & Potholing
- The construction team is currently removing the abandoned oil lines located under the sidewalk.
- Additional potholing investigations will be conducted on the north and south side of Constellation Blvd. to support the upcoming piling operation.
Constellation Blvd. 15-Month Full Closure
- Closure of Constellation Blvd. between Century Park East and Avenue of the Stars is anticipated to begin on September 21 to support excavation of the tunnel boring machine launch box. The anticipated 15-month closure will be in place 24 hours a day/7 days a week through summer 2019. Street lights will be removed and relocated with the start of the full-closure.
- Santa Monica Blvd, Avenue of the Stars, Century Park East, and Olympic Blvd. may be used as alternate routes. During the closure, public access will be prohibited to the driveway on the north side of Constellation Blvd. (behind Watt Plaza). The southern sidewalk on Constellation Blvd. will be closed until further notice.
- Click here for more information on the 15-month closure at Constellation Bl.
*Note: Work has received necessary permits and approvals or are pending necessary approvals. Additional construction notices will be distributed with further details prior to start of major activities.
- All work has received necessary permits and approvals.
- Access to driveways, residences & businesses will be maintained at all times unless notified in advance.
- Access for pedestrians will be maintained outside of construction zones.
- Access for the Fire Department and emergency responders will be maintained.
- Parking restrictions will be implemented in the immediate area of the work zone.
- For emergencies or issues needing immediate attention only, please call Metro 24-hour Hotline at 213.922.6934
- Please review our construction safety tips
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice
For information changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro or visit: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/
More About Metro
Eat Shop Play
Support businesses located along the project alignment! Eat, Shop, Play locally during construction. For all the details, visit metro.net/eatshopplay
Business Interruption Fund
Metro's Business Interruption Fund (BIF) provides financial assistance to qualifying small “mom and pop” businesses directly impacted by construction; learn more by visiting metro.net/bif. To apply, visit Metro’s program administrator, Pacific Coast Regional Small Business Development Corporation (PCR).
Doing Business with Metro
Metro works with small businesses throughout Los Angeles County! Would you like to be one of our vendors? Visit business.metro.net for more details!