This monthly notification is an outline of construction activities for the month of October 2018. Additional notices detailing these activities will be sent by email through the Purple Line Extension, Section 2 database. Please sign-up at metro.net/purple.
Setup of Construction Staging Yard
- Setup of the Construction Staging Yard will continue inside the sound wall at 2040 Century Park East.
- Installation of the 20-foot sound wall has begun around the perimeters of 1940 and 1950 Century Park East to mitigate noise from construction activities. The sound wall will take approximately 2 more weeks to install.
Construction of Temporary Bus Layover on Santa Monica Blvd.
- A new temporary bus layover will be constructed in the median of Santa Monica Blvd. between Avenue of the Stars and Century Park East.
- Work is anticipated to start on October 15 and will take approximately 5 weeks to complete.
- Intermittent lane closures on Santa Monica Blvd will be implemented throughout construction.
Installation of Utility Lines for Tunnel Boring Machines
- Installation of utility lines between 2040 Century Park East and Launch Box to support tunnel boring machines will begin end of October.
- All work will be completed during the night following peak hour traffic times.
Constellation Blvd. Full Closure
- Closure of Constellation Blvd. between Century Park East and Avenue of the Stars began on September 21 to support excavation of the tunnel boring machine launch box. The current closure will be in place 24 hours a day/7 days a week. Street lights have been removed and relocated. Additional traffic control measures have been implemented to support the closure.
- Santa Monica Blvd, Avenue of the Stars, Century Park East, and Olympic Blvd. may be used as alternate routes. During the closure, public access will be prohibited to the driveway on the north side of Constellation Blvd. (behind Watt Plaza).
- The south sidewalk on Constellation Blvd. will be closed until further notice.
- Click here for more detailed information.
- All work has received necessary permits and approvals.
- Access to driveways, residences & businesses will be maintained at all times unless notified in advance.
- Access for pedestrians will be maintained outside of construction zones.
- Access for the Fire Department and emergency responders will be maintained.
- Parking restrictions will be implemented in the immediate area of the work zone.
- Metro 24-hour Hotline: 213.922.6934.
- Please review our construction safety tips
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice
For information changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro or visit: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/
More About Metro
Eat Shop Play
Support businesses located along the project alignment! Eat, Shop, Play locally during construction. For all the details, visit metro.net/eatshopplay
Business Interruption Fund
Metro's Business Interruption Fund (BIF) provides financial assistance to qualifying small “mom and pop” businesses directly impacted by construction; learn more by visiting metro.net/bif. To apply, visit Metro’s program administrator, Pacific Coast Regional Small Business Development Corporation (PCR).
Doing Business with Metro
Metro works with small businesses throughout Los Angeles County! Would you like to be one of our vendors? Visit business.metro.net for more details!