This monthly notification is an outline of construction activities in Century City for the month of April 2018. Additional notices detailing these activities will be sent by email through the Purple Line Extension, Section 2 database. Please sign-up at metro.net/purple.
Sound Wall Installation
- In an effort to mitigate noise from construction activities, a 20-foot sound wall will be installed around the perimeter of 2040 Century Park East.
- Installation is ongoing and is scheduled to last through June 2018. Work will take place from 7am to 4pm Monday through Saturday.
Demolition of 1940 and 1950 Century Park East
- Anticipated to begin at the end of April through June 2018, the buildings located at 1940 and 1950 Century Park East will be demolished to create space for the construction staging yard. Work will occur from 7am - 7pm daily.
- For safety reasons, the eastern sidewalk of Century Park East will be intermittently closed during demo activities.
Tree Removal from Public Right-of-Way
- Beginning late April through May, eight (8) trees will be removed from the public right-of-way on Constellation Blvd. between Avenue of the Stars and Century Park East. An additional seven (7) trees will be removed within the bus layover on Santa Monica Blvd.
- Sidewalks will be intermittently closed on Constellation Blvd. during the tree removal process.
- Trees will be replaced 2 to 1 nearing the end of construction.
Upcoming Activities Next Month
- The full closure of Constellation Blvd. between Century Park East and Avenue of the Stars is anticipated to begin in May 2018 to support excavation of the tunnel boring machine launch box. The anticipated 15-month closure will be in place 24 hours a day/7 days a week through summer 2019. There will be no public access to the driveway on the north side of Constellation Blvd. (behind Watt Plaza). Access to all other driveways & entrances will be maintained. Additional information on the full closure and detour routes will be provided in forthcoming construction notices.
*Note: Work has received necessary permits and approvals or are pending necessary approvals. Additional construction notices will be distributed with further details prior to start of major activities.
- All work has received necessary permits and approvals.
- Access to driveways, residences & businesses will be maintained at all times unless notified in advance.
- Access for pedestrians will be maintained outside of construction zones.
- Access for the Fire Department and emergency responders will be maintained.
- Parking restrictions will be implemented in the immediate area of the work zone.
- For emergencies or issues needing immediate attention only, please call Metro 24-hour Hotline at 213.922.6934
- Please review our construction safety tips
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice
For information changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro or visit: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/
More About Metro
Eat Shop Play
Support businesses located along the project alignment! Eat, Shop, Play locally during construction. For all the details, visit metro.net/eatshopplay
Business Interruption Fund
Metro's Business Interruption Fund (BIF) provides financial assistance to qualifying small “mom and pop” businesses directly impacted by construction; learn more by visiting metro.net/bif. To apply, visit Metro’s program administrator, Pacific Coast Regional Small Business Development Corporation (PCR).
Doing Business with Metro
Metro works with small businesses throughout Los Angeles County! Would you like to be one of our vendors? Visit business.metro.net for more details!