This monthly notification is an outline of construction activities in Century City for the month of June 2018. Additional notices detailing these activities will be sent by email through the Purple Line Extension, Section 2 database. Please sign-up at metro.net/purple.
Sound Wall Installation
- In an effort to mitigate noise from construction activities, a 20-foot sound wall is being installed around the perimeter of 2040 Century Park East.
- The installation has already begun and is scheduled to last through June 2018. Work will take place from 7am to 4pm Monday through Saturday.
Demolition of 1940 and 1950 Century Park East
- Demolition of the buildings located at 1940 and 1950 Century Park East is anticipated to begin June 4, 2018, to create space for the construction staging yard.
- For safety reasons, the eastern sidewalk of Century Park East will be intermittently closed during demo activities.
Tree and Street Light Removal from Public Right-of-Way
- Work has begun to remove eight (8) trees from the public right-of-way on the south side of Constellation Blvd. between Avenue of the Stars and Century Park East. Street lights are also being removed as part of this process. Additionally, the construction team is removing the abandoned oil lines located under the sidewalk. An additional seven (7) trees are being removed within the bus layover on Santa Monica Blvd.
- The work will occur from 6am to 3:30pm or 8pm to 6am Monday through Saturday
- Sidewalks will be intermittently closed on Constellation Blvd. during the tree removal process.
- Trees will be replaced near the end of construction.
Constellation Blvd. 15-Month Full Closure (POSTPONED UNTIL JULY)
- Closure of Constellation Blvd. between Century Park East and Avenue of the Stars is anticipated to begin on June 15, 2018 to support excavation of the tunnel boring machine launch box. The anticipated 15-month closure will be in place 24 hours a day/7 days a week through summer 2019.
- Santa Monica Blvd, Avenue of the Stars, Century Park East, and Olympic Blvd. may be used as alternate routes. During the closure, public access will be prohibited to the driveway on the north side of Constellation Blvd. (behind Watt Plaza). The south sidewalk on Constellation Blvd. will be closed until further notice.
*Note: Work has received necessary permits and approvals or are pending necessary approvals. Additional construction notices will be distributed with further details prior to start of major activities.
- All work has received necessary permits and approvals.
- Access to driveways, residences & businesses will be maintained at all times unless notified in advance.
- Access for pedestrians will be maintained outside of construction zones.
- Access for the Fire Department and emergency responders will be maintained.
- Parking restrictions will be implemented in the immediate area of the work zone.
- For emergencies or issues needing immediate attention only, please call Metro 24-hour Hotline at 213.922.6934
- Please review our construction safety tips
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice
For information changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro or visit: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/
More About Metro
Eat Shop Play
Support businesses located along the project alignment! Eat, Shop, Play locally during construction. For all the details, visit metro.net/eatshopplay
Business Interruption Fund
Metro's Business Interruption Fund (BIF) provides financial assistance to qualifying small “mom and pop” businesses directly impacted by construction; learn more by visiting metro.net/bif. To apply, visit Metro’s program administrator, Pacific Coast Regional Small Business Development Corporation (PCR).
Doing Business with Metro
Metro works with small businesses throughout Los Angeles County! Would you like to be one of our vendors? Visit business.metro.net for more details!