This monthly notification is an outline of construction activities for the month of June 2019. Additional notices detailing these activities will be sent by email through the Purple Line Extension, Section 2 database.
Setup of Construction Staging Yards (day work and weekend nights)
- Setup of the construction staging yards continues within the sound walls at 1940, 1950, 2010, and 2040 Century Park East. This work includes demolition of the parking structure at 2010 Century Park East, installation of a noise barrier wall, and excavation within the tunnel shaft.
- Work hours are Monday through Friday, 6am to 9pm.
Advance Utility Relocation (day and night work)
- AT&T and Department of Water and Power (LADWP) will continue to perform cable pulling activities on Constellation Blvd. and Avenue of the Stars through 2019.
- Work takes place Monday through Friday from 9am to 4pm and 11pm to 4am, and Saturdays when necessary from 9am to 4pm. Utility work is generally not scheduled for Sundays, but may occur when necessary.
Constellation Blvd. Full Closure
- Closure of Constellation Blvd. between Century Park East and Avenue of the Stars has been in place 24 hours a day, 7 days a week since September 2018. The 15-month closure has been communicated to stakeholders since early 2018 and is an aggregate of a 9-month closure scheduled through June 2019 plus a 6-month closure extending through December 2019. The formal 6-month extension approval request will be presented to the Board of Public Works in June.
- Sewer relocation work within the Constellation Blvd. closure began in April and will continue through early June. This work will occur within the full closure and will not cause any interruption to sewer services. Work will be performed from 7am to 4pm Monday through Friday and weekends if necessary.
- Craft valet and the driveway on Constellation Blvd. for Century Park is accessible from Avenue of the Stars. The sidewalk on the south side of Constellation Blvd. remains closed until further notice. The north side sidewalk of Constellation Blvd. will remain open during construction.
Excavation within Constellation Blvd. Closure (day and night work)
- At the end of May, excavation was at approximately 20 feet deep across the launch box. Excavation will continue to a depth of approximately 100 feet. The two tunnel boring machines will be placed within the launch box in late summer or fall 2019 to begin tunneling for Section 2.
Construction of Temporary Bus Layover on Santa Monica Blvd.
- Construction of the new temporary bus layover in the median on Santa Monica Blvd. between Avenue of the Stars and Century Park East resumed in mid-May and will continue through June.
- Work hours are Monday through Friday, 9am to 3:30pm and 7pm to 6am.
- Intermittent sidewalk and lane closures will be required on Santa Monica Blvd. during work hours.
- Metro bus lines 4, 704, 16, & 316 will continue to be detoured until the completion of this work.
- All work has received necessary permits and approvals.
- Access to driveways, residences & businesses will be maintained at all times unless notified in advance.
- Access for pedestrians will be maintained outside of construction zones.
- Access for the Fire Department and emergency responders will be maintained.
- Parking restrictions will be implemented in the immediate area of the work zone.
- Metro 24-hour Hotline: 213.922.6934.
- Please review our construction safety tips
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice
For information changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro or visit: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/
More About Metro
Eat Shop Play
Support businesses located along the project alignment! Eat, Shop, Play locally during construction. For all the details, visit metro.net/eatshopplay
Business Interruption Fund
Metro's Business Interruption Fund (BIF) provides financial assistance to qualifying small “mom and pop” businesses directly impacted by construction; learn more by visiting metro.net/bif. To apply, visit Metro’s program administrator, Pacific Coast Regional Small Business Development Corporation (PCR).
Doing Business with Metro
Metro works with small businesses throughout Los Angeles County! Would you like to be one of our vendors? Visit business.metro.net for more details!