The design-build contractor continues the process of launching the tunnel boring machines from the current closure on Constellation Blvd. at Century Park East. Due to several unforeseen circumstances, there have been impacts to the progress of the boring operation. To mitigate delays, the contractor proposes a 3-month extension of the launch box closure at Constellation Blvd. at Century Park East to support the ongoing launch sequence for the second tunnel boring machine.
This 3-month extension will also allow for the tunneling support systems to be moved to the staging yard at 1950 Century Park East as well as the restoration and reopening of Constellation Blvd.
- Extension of Constellation Blvd. Full Closure between Century Park East and the private driveway on the south side of Constellation Blvd. (see pink area on map)
- There will be no public access to the driveway on the north side of Constellation Blvd. (behind Watt Plaza). There will be limited access for large trucks, deliveries, waste collection, and construction. Flaggers will be present during work hours to provide access.
- Continuing through May 24, 2021*
- Use Santa Monica Blvd., Avenue of the Stars, and Century Park East as alternate routes (see detour map on right)
- Access to all other driveways & entrances will be maintained.
- Pedestrian access will be maintained between Century Park East and Avenue of the Stars.
- Access for Emergency Vehicles & First Responders will be maintained.
- Note: Other closures may be in place on Constellation Blvd. west and east of Avenue of the Stars and within the intersection.
- *Construction is dynamic and subject to change.
- All work has received necessary permits and approvals.
- Access to driveways, residences & businesses will be maintained at all times unless notified in advance.
- Access for pedestrians will be maintained outside of construction zones.
- Access for the Fire Department and emergency responders will be maintained.
- Parking restrictions will be implemented in the immediate area of the work zone.
- Metro 24-hour Hotline: 213.922.6934.
- Please review our construction safety tips
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice
For information on changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro or visit: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/
More About Metro
Eat Shop Play
Support businesses located along the project alignment! Eat, Shop, Play locally during construction. For all the details, visit metro.net/eatshopplay
Business Interruption Fund
Metro's Business Interruption Fund (BIF) provides financial assistance to qualifying small “mom and pop” businesses directly impacted by construction; learn more by visiting metro.net/bif. To apply, visit Metro’s program administrator, Pacific Coast Regional Small Business Development Corporation (PCR).
Doing Business with Metro
Metro works with small businesses throughout Los Angeles County! Would you like to be one of our vendors? Visit business.metro.net for more details.