Starting Monday, February 17* the construction contractor is continuing with utility potholing on the north side of Constellation Blvd. to identify utility and soil conditions near the future station entrance. Night-time lane and sidewalk closures will be required for this work. All other lanes and sidewalks will remain accessible.
- Anticipated Start Date: Monday, February 17, 2020*
- Duration: 3-5 days
- Work Hours: 8pm – 6am
- North side of Constellation Blvd. east of Avenue of the Stars
- The north side Constellation Blvd. sidewalk will be closed between Avenue of the Stars and the full closure. The south sidewalk will remain open for pedestrians.
- The right-turn lane on westbound Constellation Blvd. approaching Avenue of the Stars will be closed. Right turns onto northbound Avenue of the Stars will be permitted from the adjacent lane.
- All other traffic lanes will remain accessible.
- Access will be available to Craft Valet and parking for Century Park on Constellation Blvd.
- Access to all driveways & entrances will be maintained.
Metro bus stops may be relocated or lines will be impacted. For information about changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro or visit: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/
*Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice. Additional closures may be necessary. Detour routes are subject to change at the discretion of the Los Angeles City Department of Transportation.
From the current terminus at Wilshire/Western, the Purple Line Extension will extend westward for about nine miles with seven new stations. Visit metro.net/purple to sign-up for construction updates and to learn more.
More About Metro
Eat Shop Play
Support businesses located along the project alignment! Eat, Shop, Play locally during construction. For all the details, visit metro.net/eatshopplay
Business Interruption Fund
Metro's Business Interruption Fund (BIF) provides financial assistance to qualifying small “mom and pop” businesses directly impacted by construction; learn more by visiting metro.net/bif. To apply, visit Metro’s program administrator, Pacific Coast Regional Small Business Development Corporation (PCR).
Doing Business with Metro
Metro works with small businesses throughout Los Angeles County! Would you like to be one of our vendors? Visit business.metro.net for more details!