The design-build contractor for Section 2 of the Purple Line Extension Project continues pre-construction work activities in Beverly Hills to prepare the North Canon Dr. construction staging yard located at 9383-9393 and 9395-9399 Wilshire Blvd. This work includes the demolition of the existing buildings and installation of the noise barrier around the perimeter of the property.
Temporary closure of the sidewalk throughout the duration of demolition is anticipated to be in effect February 18 through March 2019.* Access will be restricted in the alley behind the buildings between N. Canon Dr. and N. Crescent Dr. Temporary lane closures will also be necessary to complete the work, however, two lanes in each direction will always be maintained on Wilshire Blvd.
In addition to the demolition, a two-year closure will be implemented on N. Canon Dr at Wilshire Blvd. This closure is anticipated to begin in April 2019 to facilitate truck access into the construction staging yard while minimizing disturbances to the local businesses. N. Canon Dr. will be reconfigured as a cul-de-sac north of Wilshire Blvd.
Demolition of N. Canon Properties
- Temporary closure of the sidewalk and lanes along Wilshire Blvd. and N. Canon Dr.
- Two lanes in each direction on Wilshire Blvd. will be maintained at all times.
- Anticipated to begin February 18, 2019 through March 2019*
- Monday–Friday, 9am–4pm
N. Canon Dr. Closure
- A 20-foot temporary wall will be built to block access between N. Canon Dr. north of Wilshire Blvd and Wilshire Blvd. N. Canon Dr will be reconfigured as a cul-de-sac north of Wilshire Blvd.
- The closure will be in place beginning April 2019 through 2021* to facilitate construction access to staging yard.
- Construction of the Canon wall is anticipated to begin May 2019*
*Construction is dynamic and is subject to change. Work has received necessary permits and approvals or are pending approval by the City of Beverly Hills. Additional construction notices will be distributed with further details prior to the start of major activities.
- All work has received necessary permits and approvals.
- Access to driveways, residences & businesses will be maintained at all times unless notified in advance.
- Access for pedestrians will be maintained outside of construction zones.
- Access for the Fire Department and emergency responders will be maintained.
- Parking restrictions will be implemented in the immediate area of the work zone.
- Metro 24-hour Hotline: 213.922.6934.
- Please review our construction safety tips
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice
For information changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro or visit: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/
More About Metro
Eat Shop Play
Support businesses located along the project alignment! Eat, Shop, Play locally during construction. For all the details, visit metro.net/eatshopplay
Business Interruption Fund
Metro's Business Interruption Fund (BIF) provides financial assistance to qualifying small “mom and pop” businesses directly impacted by construction; learn more by visiting metro.net/bif. To apply, visit Metro’s program administrator, Pacific Coast Regional Small Business Development Corporation (PCR).
Doing Business with Metro
Metro works with small businesses throughout Los Angeles County! Would you like to be one of our vendors? Visit business.metro.net for more details!