Beginning Monday, April 30, 2018, a sewer lateral service will be installed adjoining 590 South Santa Fe Ave. between Palmetto St. and 6th St. This work has been extended until Saturday, May 26 and will occur from 8pm to 6am, Monday through Friday. As needed, work may occur on Saturdays from 8am to 6pm. Parking will be temporarily restricted on both sides of South Santa Fe Ave. between Palmetto St. and 6th St.
Closures and Detours
- Directional closures will be required on Santa Fe Ave.
- For the southbound Santa Fe Ave. directional closure, the detour will require a slight left turn onto Mateo St., southbound to eastbound 7th Street and a return to Santa Fe Ave.
- For the northbound Santa Fe Ave. directional closure, the detour requires a westbound turn onto 7th Street to northbound Mateo St. and a return to Santa Fe Ave.
- Flaggers will be stationed to allow local access and to assist pedestrian crossing.
TIME: Monday through Friday, 8pm to 6pm; some Saturday work from 8am to 6pm may be required
WHEN: Monday, April 30 through Saturday, May 26
WHERE: Santa Fe Ave. between Palmetto St. and 6th St.
- Construction within project staging yards is 24-hours/day.
- All work has received necessary permits and approvals.
- Access for pedestrians will be maintained outside of the construction zone.
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained.
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice.
- 24/7 Hotline: 213.922.6934
- Please review our construction safety tips
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained
Our construction may have relocated your bus stop, or changed your route. For information changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro or visit: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/
More About Metro
Eat Shop Play
Support businesses located along the project alignment! Eat, Shop, Play locally during construction. For all the details, visit metro.net/eatshopplay
Business Interruption Fund
Metro's Business Interruption Fund (BIF) provides financial assistance to qualifying small “mom and pop” businesses directly impacted by construction; learn more by visiting metro.net/bif. To apply, visit Metro’s program administrator, Pacific Coast Regional Small Business Development Corporation (PCR).
Doing Business with Metro
Metro works with small businesses throughout Los Angeles County! Would you like to be one of our vendors? Visit business.metro.net for more details!