Beginning Friday, November 17 at 9pm through Monday, November 20 at 6am workers will install a full closure of Wilshire Blvd. between Western Ave. and Manhattan Pl. for utility work and pile activities. The traffic control listed below will be in place for the duration of these 14 weekends:
- Local access is maintained on Wilshire Blvd. via local north/south streets.
- Eastbound Wilshire Blvd. closed at Crenshaw Blvd.
- Local Access to Wilshire Blvd. is maintained between Crenshaw Blvd. and Western Ave.
- Westbound Wilshire Blvd. will be closed at Western Ave.
- North side Wilshire Blvd. sidewalk will be closed between Western Ave. and Manhattan Pl. Access to businesses will be maintained.
- Northbound/southbound Western Ave. will remain open to thru traffic.
- The Purple Line’s Wilshire/Western station will remain open at all times.
Weekend Closure Wilshire Blvd. Detour
The following detour will be in place for vehicles for traveling eastbound and westbound on Wilshire Blvd. Traffic officers will be at major intersections to assist traffic flow.
- Westbound Wilshire Blvd. to southbound Western Ave. to westbound Olympic Blvd. to northbound Crenshaw Blvd. to westbound Wilshire Blvd.
- Eastbound Wilshire Blvd. to southbound Crenshaw Blvd. to eastbound Olympic Blvd. to northbound Western Ave. to eastbound Wilshire Blvd.
Wilshire buses, Metro 20 and 720 lines, will also follow the above detour.
Impacted Bus Stops:
- Eastbound Wilshire Blvd. far side Crenshaw Blvd.
- Eastbound Wilshire Blvd. near side Norton Ave.
- Eastbound Wilshire Blvd. near side Wilton Pl.
- Eastbound Wilshire Blvd. near side St. Andrews Pl.
- Westbound Wilshire Blvd. near side Western Ave.
- Westbound Wilshire Blvd. far side Western Ave.
- Westbound Wilshire Blvd. far side Manhattan Pl.
- Westbound Wilshire Blvd. far side Wilton Pl.
- Westbound Wilshire Blvd. near side Norton Ave.
Nearest Bus Stops:
- Eastbound Wilshire Blvd. at Crenshaw Blvd.
- Westbound Wilshire Blvd. at Serrano Ave.
- Construction within project staging yards is 24-hours/day.
- All work has received necessary permits and approvals.
- Access for pedestrians will be maintained outside of the construction zone.
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained.
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice.
- 24/7 Hotline: 213.922.6934
- Please review our construction safety tips
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained
Our construction may have relocated your bus stop, or changed your route. For information changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro or visit: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/
More About Metro
Eat Shop Play
|Support businesses located along the project alignment! Eat, Shop, Play locally during construction. For all the details, visit metro.net/eatshopplay|
Business Interruption Fund
|Metro's Business Interruption Fund (BIF) provides financial assistance to qualifying small “mom and pop” businesses directly impacted by construction; learn more by visiting metro.net/bif. To apply, visit Metro’s program administrator, Pacific Coast Regional Small Business Development Corporation (PCR).|
Doing Business With Metro
|Metro works with small businesses throughout Los Angeles County! Would you like to be one of our vendors? Visit business.metro.net for more details!|