As part of the State, County, and applicable City orders specific to the COVID-19 response, Metro construction activities are currently included as “Essential” activities. Therefore, construction activities are continuing as permitted by the local jurisdiction.
Orange Grove Ave. south of Wilshire Blvd. and north of 8th St. will remain closed through December 2021, pending approval by the Federal Transit Administration and the City of Los Angeles Board of Public Works. This closure is necessary to complete the Fairfax Station appendages. The current anticipated date for Orange Grove Ave. restoration is January 2022. Access for residents will be maintained.
- Ongoing through December 2021.
- Orange Grove Ave., south of Wilshire Blvd. and north of 8th St.
- Orange Grove Ave. south of Wilshire Blvd. and north of 8th St. will remain closed through December 2021.
- Wilshire Blvd. traffic will remain unchanged.
- Access to the Petersen Museum’s loading dock will be maintained from 8th St.
- Access to residents will also be maintained.
- Some parking meters on the west side of 8th St. will be inactive.
Our construction may have relocated your bus stop, or changed your route. For information changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro or visit: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/
- Construction within project staging yards is 24-hours/day.
- All work has received necessary permits and approvals.
- Access for pedestrians will be maintained outside of the construction zone.
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained.
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice.
- 24/7 Hotline: 213.922.6934
- Please review our construction safety tips
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained
More About Metro
Eat Shop Play
Support businesses located along the project alignment! Eat, Shop, Play locally during construction. For all the details, visit metro.net/eatshopplay
Business Interruption Fund
Metro's Business Interruption Fund (BIF) provides financial assistance to qualifying small “mom and pop” businesses directly impacted by construction; learn more by visiting metro.net/bif. To apply, visit Metro’s program administrator, Pacific Coast Regional Small Business Development Corporation (PCR).
Doing Business with Metro
Metro works with small businesses throughout Los Angeles County! Would you like to be one of our vendors? Visit business.metro.net for more details!