Metro contractors are continuing excavation work to relocate underground water, power and telecommunications equipment in Westwood on Wilshire Blvd. and Gayley Ave. from Monday, August 19 through Friday, August 30, weeknights only. Work hours are 9pm to 6am.
AUR is expected to be completed in 2020. While AUR is being performed, some traffic lanes will be temporarily reduced or access might be restricted. Please note posted signs and cones near construction zones, which will provide motorists and pedestrians safe, alternate routes for travel through the area.
Date: August 19 to August 30 (weeknights only)
Work Hours: 9pm to 6am
- Lane reductions on Wilshire Blvd. between Veteran Ave. and Glendon Ave.
- Traffic restricted on Gayley Ave. between Lindbrook Dr. and Wilshire Blvd.
- Intermittent turn restrictions at the intersection of Wilshire Blvd. and Gayley Ave.
- Crosswalk closure on the west side of the Wilshire Blvd./Gayley Ave. intersection.
- Crosswalk closure on the east side of the Wilshire Blvd./Veteran Ave. intersection.
- Access to businesses will be maintained.
- All work has received necessary permits and approvals.
- Access for pedestrians will be maintained around the investigation sites.
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained.
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice.
- For emergencies or issues needing immediate attention only, please call the 24/7 hotline at (213) 922-6934.
During construction, some Metro bus line could be affected and some bus stops might be relocated. For information changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro or visit: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/
- Please review our construction safety tips
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained
More About Metro
Eat Shop Play
Support businesses located along the project alignment! Eat, Shop, Play locally during construction. For all the details, visit metro.net/eatshopplay
Business Interruption Fund
Metro's Business Interruption Fund (BIF) provides financial assistance to qualifying small “mom and pop” businesses directly impacted by construction; learn more by visiting metro.net/bif. To apply, visit Metro’s program administrator, Pacific Coast Regional Small Business Development Corporation (PCR).
Doing Business with Metro
Metro works with small businesses throughout Los Angeles County! Would you like to be one of our vendors? Visit business.metro.net for more details!