From Monday, August 19, and continuing through Friday, August 30, Wilshire Blvd. between Fairfax Ave. and San Vicente Blvd. will be intermittently reduced to fewer than three lanes in each direction to support investigation work and well installations in the Wilshire/Crescent Heights and Wilshire/La Jolla areas.
The following traffic controls will be in place Monday through Friday from 9am to 3:30pm and Saturday and Sunday from 7am to 11pm:
- Traffic Control 1: Wilshire Blvd. between La Jolla Ave. and San Diego Way
- Wilshire Blvd. will be intermittently reduced to two lanes in each direction.
- Through movements at McCarthy Vista and Crescent Heights Blvd. will be maintained.
- Left turn movements from Wilshire Blvd. onto McCarthy Vista and Crescent Heights Blvd. may be intermittently restricted.
- Traffic Control 2: Northbound McCarthy Vista and Crescent Heights Blvd.
- Northbound McCarthy Vista and Crescent Heights Blvd. will be intermittently reduced to one lane.
- Access to the exit driveway for the shopping plaza on the southeast corner of Wilshire/McCarthy Vista will be restricted while the closure is in place.
- Traffic Control 3: Westbound Wilshire Blvd. at La Jolla Ave.
- Westbound Wilshire Blvd. at La Jolla Ave. will be intermittently reduced to one lane.
- Left turns at La Jolla Ave. will be maintained.
- All driveway access will be maintained.
- Traffic Control 4: Westbound Wilshire Blvd. at San Vicente Blvd.
- Westbound Wilshire Blvd. 350 feet east of the San Vicente Blvd. intersection will be intermittently reduced to two lanes.
- Left turns from westbound Wilshire Blvd. to southbound San Vicente Blvd. will be restricted while the closure is in place.
Note: Individual traffic controls detailed above may be implemented simultaneously throughout the closure window.
Our construction may have relocated your bus stop, or changed your route. For information changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro or visit: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/
- Construction within project staging yards is 24-hours/day.
- All work has received necessary permits and approvals.
- Access for pedestrians will be maintained outside of the construction zone.
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained.
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice.
- 24/7 Hotline: 213.922.6934
- Please review our construction safety tips
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained
More About Metro
Eat Shop Play
Support businesses located along the project alignment! Eat, Shop, Play locally during construction. For all the details, visit metro.net/eatshopplay
Business Interruption Fund
Metro's Business Interruption Fund (BIF) provides financial assistance to qualifying small “mom and pop” businesses directly impacted by construction; learn more by visiting metro.net/bif. To apply, visit Metro’s program administrator, Pacific Coast Regional Small Business Development Corporation (PCR).
Doing Business with Metro
Metro works with small businesses throughout Los Angeles County! Would you like to be one of our vendors? Visit business.metro.net for more details!