Beginning Friday, July 14 at 9am – Sunday, July 16 at 6am, decking maintenance work will occur on Wilshire Blvd. and the work zone on the south side of Wilshire Blvd. will be removed. When work is completed on Sunday, Wilshire Blvd. will be returned to three lanes in each direction, and left turns will return from Wilshire Blvd. to Fairfax Ave., Orange Grove Ave. and Ogden Dr. This work will be accomplished under the following schedule of traffic closures:
Friday, July 14 9am-9pm – Westbound Wilshire Blvd. will be reduced to one lane between Spaulding Ave. and San Diego Way. Right turns will be restricted from southbound Fairfax Ave. to westbound Wilshire Blvd.
Friday, July 14 at 9pm – Saturday, July 15 at 12 noon – Wilshire Blvd. will be fully closed between Fairfax Ave. and Crescent Heights Blvd. The following local access and detours will be in place for the duration of the full closure.
- Local access to 6100 – 6300 Wilshire Blvd., will be maintained via northbound Crescent Heights to Wilshire with flagger support at the closure. Local access to Wilshire Blvd. between Crescent Hrights Blvd. and San Vicente Blvd. maintained via La Jolla Ave. and southbound Crescent Heights Blvd.
- Closure points for traffic:
- Eastbound Wilshire Blvd. at San Vicente Blvd.
- Westbound Wilshire Blvd. at Fairfax Ave.
- Ogden Dr. and Orange Grove Ave. closed at Wilshire Blvd.
- Intermittent sidewalk closures:
- North side of Wilshire Blvd. sidewalk, west of Fairfax in front of Johnies Coffee Shop.
- West side of Fairfax Ave. sidewalk, south of Wilshire Blvd. adjacent to 6100 Wilshire Blvd.
- Alleyway driveway west of Fairfax Ave. adjacent to the 99 cent store will be closed.
Full Closure Detours
Westbound Wilshire Detour: Southbound Fairfax Ave. to northbound San Vicente Blvd. to westbound Wilshire Blvd.
Eastbound Wilshire Detour: Southbound La Cienega Blvd. to eastbound Olympic Blvd. to northbound La Brea Ave. to Eastbound Wilshire Blvd.
Metro bus stops will be relocated along detour routes and published via bus operations. Wilshire buses, Metro 20 and 720, will follow the above detours. AVTA buses will use Olympic as a detour.
Saturday 12 noon – Sunday 6am: Eastbound Wilshire Blvd will be closed between San Vicente Blvd. and Spaulding Ave. The following local access and detours will be in place for the duration of this closure:
- Eastbound Wilshire Blvd. will be closed at San Vicente Blvd. Crescent Heights Ave. , and Fairfax Ave. Local access is maintained via La Jolla Ave., Crescent Heights Ave., Ogden Dr. and Spaulding Ave.
- Detour: Southbound San Vicente Blvd. to eastbound Olympic Blvd. to northbound La Brea Ave. to eastbound Wilshire Blvd.
- Westbound Wilshire Blvd. will be open and reduced to one lane of traffic between Spaulding Ave. and San Diego Way.
Metro bus stops may be relocated or lines will be impacted. Metro westbound and eastbound 20/720 Wilshire will post stop relocations and announce relocations and detours to riders.
For information changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro or visit: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/
- Construction within project staging yards is 24-hours/day.
- All work has received necessary permits and approvals.
- Access for pedestrians will be maintained outside of the construction zone.
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained.
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice.
- 24/7 Hotline: 213.922.6934
- Please review our construction safety tips
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice
More About Metro
Eat Shop Play
|Support businesses located along the project alignment! Eat, Shop, Play locally during construction. For all the details, visit metro.net/eatshopplay|
Business Interruption Fund
|Metro's Business Interruption Fund (BIF) provides financial assistance to qualifying small “mom and pop” businesses directly impacted by construction; learn more by visiting metro.net/bif. To apply, visit Metro’s program administrator, Pacific Coast Regional Small Business Development Corporation (PCR).|
Doing Business With Metro
|Metro works with small businesses throughout Los Angeles County! Would you like to be one of our vendors? Visit business.metro.net for more details!|