Starting in June of 2018, for approximately four to five months, a work zone to support jet grouting will be installed on Wilshire Blvd. between La Cienega Blvd. and Hamel Dr. This work zone and closure will be established in the center lanes of Wilshire Blvd. using concrete barriers, fencing and sound blankets. Also in June, the current work zone on Wilshire Blvd. between La Cienega Blvd. and San Vicente Blvd. will be removed. This work will involve the following traffic control:
Wilshire Blvd. between La Cienega Blvd. and Hamel Dr. – Duration: 4-5 Months
- Wilshire Blvd. will be reduced to two lanes in each direction between La Cienega Blvd. and Willaman Dr. Traffic tapering will start at La Cienega Blvd. and Hamel Dr.
- Left turns and through traffic will be restricted on Wilshire Blvd. at Le Doux Dr. and Stanley Dr.
- Left turns and through traffic will be restricted from Le Doux Dr., Stanley Dr. and Carson Rd. at Wilshire Blvd.
- Work hours will be 7am – 8am on Monday through Sunday for jet grouting work, 8pm – 10pm for support activities, including clean up and concrete work.
- Parking meters and bus stops will be temporarily removed along Wilshire Blvd. between La Cienega Blvd. and Hamel Dr.
Wilshire Blvd. between La Cienega Blvd. and San Vicente Blvd. – Restoration
- The current construction zone between San Vicente Blvd. and La Cienega Blvd. will be removed.
- Left turn lanes will return to Westbound Wilshire Blvd. at Tower Dr., Gale Dr., Hamilton Dr., and La Cienega Blvd.
- Left turn lanes will return to Eastbound Wilshire Blvd. at La Cienega Blvd. and Hamilton Dr.
- Gale Dr. north of Wilshire Blvd. will be closed to traffic from June through December. Right and left turns will be restricted from Wilshire Blvd. to Gale Dr. Thru traffic from S. Gale Dr. will be restricted.
- Metered parking and the loading zone in front of the Saban Theatre will return on Wilshire Blvd.
- Bus stops will be reinstalled where possible.
Jet grouting is a construction process that uses high-pressure air and grout to create a deep soil-concrete block. The purpose of jet grouting is to reinforce and strengthen the soil with concrete to support tunneling.
*Note: Work has received necessary permits and approvals or are pending approval with the City of Beverly Hills. Additional construction notices will be distributed with further details prior to the start of major activities.
Metro bus stops may be relocated or lines will be impacted. For information changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro or visit: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/
- All work will receive necessary permits and approvals.
- Access for pedestrians will be maintained outside of the construction zone.
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained.
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice.
- 24/7 Hotline: 213.922.6934
- Please review our construction safety tips
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice
More About Metro
Eat Shop Play
Support businesses located along the project alignment! Eat, Shop, Play locally during construction. For all the details, visit metro.net/eatshopplay
Business Interruption Fund
Metro's Business Interruption Fund (BIF) provides financial assistance to qualifying small “mom and pop” businesses directly impacted by construction; learn more by visiting metro.net/bif. To apply, visit Metro’s program administrator, Pacific Coast Regional Small Business Development Corporation (PCR).
Doing Business with Metro
Metro works with small businesses throughout Los Angeles County! Would you like to be one of our vendors? Visit business.metro.net for more details!