Beginning Saturday, February 3 at 3am and continuing until 3pm, the Los Angeles Department of Street Services will resurface the intersection of La Brea Ave. and 6th St. and the intersection of Fairfax Ave. and 6th St. This work is unrelated to construction of the Purple Line Extension Project.
The street may be periodically restricted to traffic during the scheduled work hours. As a detour, drivers are requested to use Highland Ave. and Wilshire Blvd. Work will entail removing two inches of the existing surface and replacing it with two inches of new hot mix asphalt.
Detours and Local Access
Drivers are requested to use Highland Ave. and Wilshire Blvd.
Please contact Robert Sewell, Bureau of Street Services, 323.266.5964.
Our construction may have relocated your bus stop, or changed your route. For information changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro or visit: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/
- Construction within project staging yards is 24-hours/day.
- All work has received necessary permits and approvals.
- Access for pedestrians will be maintained outside of the construction zone.
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained.
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice.
- 24/7 Hotline: 213.922.6934
- Please review our construction safety tips
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained
More About Metro
Eat Shop Play
Support businesses located along the project alignment! Eat, Shop, Play locally during construction. For all the details, visit metro.net/eatshopplay
Business Interruption Fund
Metro's Business Interruption Fund (BIF) provides financial assistance to qualifying small “mom and pop” businesses directly impacted by construction; learn more by visiting metro.net/bif. To apply, visit Metro’s program administrator, Pacific Coast Regional Small Business Development Corporation (PCR).
Doing Business with Metro
Metro works with small businesses throughout Los Angeles County! Would you like to be one of our vendors? Visit business.metro.net for more details!