Metro contractors will continue investigating subsurface conditions, also known as geotechnical investigations, around the future Westwood/VA Hospital Station. Investigations will be done on Wilshire Blvd. near Bonsall Ave. from Monday, January 6 through Monday, January 13 from 9am to 3:30pm.
Date: January 6 through January 13
Work Hours: 9am to 3:30pm
- Intermittent lane reductions on Wilshire Blvd. between Sepulveda Blvd. and Federal Ave
- Access to the West Los Angeles Veterans Affairs Medical Center Campus will be maintained.
- The bus stop for eastbound Metro 720/20 and Santa Monica Big Blue Bus will be temporarily relocated a few feet east, just outside of the work zone.
- The bus stop for westbound Metro 720/20 and Santa Monica Big Blue Bus will be temporarily relocated a few feet west, just outside of the work zone.
- All work has received necessary permits and approvals.
- Access for pedestrians will be maintained around the investigation sites.
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained.
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice.
- For emergencies or issues needing immediate attention only, please call the 24/7 hotline at (213) 922-6934.
During construction, some Metro bus line could be affected and some bus stops might be relocated. For information changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro or visit: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/
- Please review our construction safety tips
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained
More About Metro
Eat Shop Play
Support businesses located along the project alignment! Eat, Shop, Play locally during construction. For all the details, visit metro.net/eatshopplay
Business Interruption Fund
Metro's Business Interruption Fund (BIF) provides financial assistance to qualifying small “mom and pop” businesses directly impacted by construction; learn more by visiting metro.net/bif. To apply, visit Metro’s program administrator, Pacific Coast Regional Small Business Development Corporation (PCR).
Doing Business with Metro
Metro works with small businesses throughout Los Angeles County! Would you like to be one of our vendors? Visit business.metro.net for more details!