As part of the Federal government’s Coronavirus Guidance for America, transportation infrastructure is considered an “Essential Critical Infrastructure”. Additionally, transit capital projects are not subject to the State of California’s Stay at Home order, therefore Metro construction projects continue to progress.
Metro contractors Frontier-Kemper Tutor Perini Joint Venture (FKTP) and subcontractors will be performing sewer repair work, pre-construction CCTV surveys, and installing magnetic traffic loops along Sepulveda Blvd. & Wilshire Blvd. as a part of the construction of the Metro Purple (D Line) Extension Transit Project Section 3.
Lane closures will take place starting Monday, January 4 through Friday, January 29. The work will be performed from 9pm to 6am, Mondays through Fridays for approximately 4 weeks.
The work will be split into phases as listed below.
Date: January 4, 2021 to January 29, 2020
Time: 9pm to 6am
Phase 1 & 2 Wilshire Blvd.
- Phase 1: Westbound Wilshire Blvd. and southbound Sepulveda Blvd.
- Phase 2: Eastbound Wilshire Blvd. and southbound Sepulveda Blvd.
Phase 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5 Sepulveda Blvd.
- Phase 1: Wilshire Blvd. #2 lane closure and Wilshire Blvd. right turn lane closures.
- Phase 2: Northbound Wilshire Blvd. #1 left turn lane closure.
- Phase 3: Southbound Sepulveda Blvd. #1 lane closure, Wilshire Blvd. left turn lane closures, and northbound Wilshire Blvd. left turn pocket closure.
- Phase 4: Southbound Sepulveda Blvd. #2 lane closure.
- Phase 5: Northbound Sepulveda Blvd. #1 and 2 lane closures and northbound Sepulveda Blvd. #2 left-turn pocket closures.
- All work has received necessary permits and approvals.
- Access to driveways, residences & businesses will be maintained at all times unless notified in advance.
- Access for pedestrians will be maintained outside of construction zones.
- Access for the Fire Department and emergency responders will be maintained.
- Parking restrictions will be implemented in the immediate area of the work zone.
- For construction-related issues needing immediate attention, please call Metro’s 24-hour Hotline at 213.922.6934.
- Please review our construction safety tips
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice
For information on changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro or visit: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/
More About Metro
Eat Shop Play
Support businesses located along the project alignment! Eat, Shop, Play locally during construction. For all the details, visit metro.net/eatshopplay
Business Interruption Fund
Metro's Business Interruption Fund (BIF) provides financial assistance to qualifying small “mom and pop” businesses directly impacted by construction; learn more by visiting metro.net/bif. To apply, visit Metro’s program administrator, Pacific Coast Regional Small Business Development Corporation (PCR).
Doing Business with Metro
Metro works with small businesses throughout Los Angeles County! Would you like to be one of our vendors? Visit business.metro.net for more details!