As part of the Federal government’s Coronavirus Guidance for America, transportation infrastructure is considered an “Essential Critical Infrastructure.” Additionally, transit capital projects are not subject to the State of California’s Stay at Home order, therefore Metro construction projects continue to progress.
Metro contractors are conducting geophysical surveys to understand subsurface archaeological features in preparation for the Purple Line Extension, Section 3. This work will require temporary lane reductions on Santa Monica Blvd. between Club View Dr. and Pandora Ave. in separate stages. Access to Comstock Ave. from Santa Monica Blvd. will be intermittently closed from August 17 to 21, 9pm to 6am.
Date: August 17 to 21
Work Hours: 9pm to 6am
- Lane reductions on Santa Monica Blvd. between Club View Dr. and Pandora Ave.
- Access from Beverly Glen Blvd. and Eastborne Ave. will be maintained.
- Work and lane reductions on Santa Monica Blvd. will be done in sequential stages.
Stage 1: Eastbound lane reductions on Santa Monica Blvd. between Pandora Ave. and Century Park West.
Stage 2: Westbound lane reductions on Santa Monica Blvd. between Club View Dr. Beverly Glen Blvd. Temporary closure of Comstock Ave. at Santa Monica Blvd.
Stage 3: Intermittent lane reductions eastbound and westbound on Santa Monica Blvd. between Warnall Ave. and Pandora Ave. Lane reductions on Beverly Glen Blvd. and Century Park West. Turn lane access will be maintained.
- All work has received necessary permits and approvals.
- Access to driveways, residences & businesses will be maintained at all times unless notified in advance.
- Access for pedestrians will be maintained outside of construction zones.
- Access for the Fire Department and emergency responders will be maintained.
- Parking restrictions will be implemented in the immediate area of the work zone.
- For construction-related issues needing immediate attention, please call Metro’s 24-hour Hotline at 213.922.6934.
- Please review our construction safety tips
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice
During construction, Metro bus routes and travel times may be affected. For information changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro or visit: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/
More About Metro
Eat Shop Play
Support businesses located along the project alignment! Eat, Shop, Play locally during construction. For all the details, visit metro.net/eatshopplay
Business Interruption Fund
Metro's Business Interruption Fund (BIF) provides financial assistance to qualifying small “mom and pop” businesses directly impacted by construction; learn more by visiting metro.net/bif. To apply, visit Metro’s program administrator, Pacific Coast Regional Small Business Development Corporation (PCR).
Doing Business with Metro
Metro works with small businesses throughout Los Angeles County! Would you like to be one of our vendors? Visit business.metro.net for more details!