As part of the Federal government’s Coronavirus Guidance for America, transportation infrastructure is considered an “Essential Critical Infrastructure.” Additionally, transit capital projects are not subject to the State of California’s Stay at Home order, therefore Metro construction projects continue to progress.
Beginning on Wednesday, October 21, the contractor will begin implementation of the Constellation Blvd. temporary full closures. These closures will block traffic along Constellation Blvd east and west of Avenue of the Stars 24 hours a day, 7 days a week (see map below). The intersection at Avenue of the Stars/Constellation Blvd. will remain open on weekdays but will be closed every weekend through November 22.
Implementation of these closures will facilitate station box piling and decking during the low-traffic conditions due to the COVID-19 Safer-at-Home restrictions. Constellation Blvd. west of Avenue of the Stars will be restored by November 22. Constellation Blvd. east of Avenue of the Stars will be restored by January 2, 2020.
- Continuous full closures on Constellation Blvd. east and west of Avenue of the Stars.
Closures will be in effect 24 hours a day, 7 days a week (See orange areas in the map below)
- Weekend intersection closures at Constellation Blvd./Avenue of the Stars.
- Weekend closures will be in place from Friday 8pm to Monday 6am (See blue areas in the map below)
- Anticipated to begin Wednesday, October 21, 2020.
- Constellation Blvd. west of Avenue of the Stars will be opened for traffic by November 22, 2020.
- Weekend full closures will occur every weekend through November 22, 2020.
- Constellation Blvd. east of Avenue of the Stars will be opened for traffic by January 2, 2021.
- No vehicle access will be permitted on Constellation Blvd. east of Avenue of the Stars nor west of Avenue of the Stars up to Solar Way during these closures.
- Local access west of Solar Way will be maintained. Driveways into Westfield Mall and Constellation Place will remain accessible.
- Avenue of the Stars will remain accessible for northbound/southbound traffic on weekdays only.
- The intersection at Constellation Blvd/Avenue of the Stars will be closed each weekend. Vehicle detours will be in place to direct traffic around the closure via Olympic Blvd., Century Park West, Santa Monica Blvd. and Century Park East.
- Constellation Blvd. north side sidewalk west of Avenue of the Stars will remain accessible for pedestrians. East of Avenue of the Stars, the south sidewalk will remain accessible.
- The Constellation Blvd. driveway into 1999 Avenue of the Stars (SunAmerica) will be closed. Access will be maintained on Avenue of the Stars only.
- Work has received necessary permits and approvals or are pending approval by the City of Los Angeles.
- Access to driveways, residences & businesses will be maintained at all times unless notified in advance.
- Access for pedestrians will be maintained outside of construction zones.
- Access for the Fire Department and emergency responders will be maintained.
- Parking restrictions will be implemented in the immediate area of the work zone.
- Metro 24-hour Hotline: 213.922.6934.
- Please review our construction safety tips
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained
- *Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice
For information changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro or visit: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/
More About Metro
Eat Shop Play
Support businesses located along the project alignment! Eat, Shop, Play locally during construction. For all the details, visit metro.net/eatshopplay
Business Interruption Fund
Metro's Business Interruption Fund (BIF) provides financial assistance to qualifying small “mom and pop” businesses directly impacted by construction; learn more by visiting metro.net/bif. To apply, visit Metro’s program administrator, Pacific Coast Regional Small Business Development Corporation (PCR).
Doing Business with Metro
Metro works with small businesses throughout Los Angeles County! Would you like to be one of our vendors? Visit business.metro.net for more details.