As part of the Federal government’s Coronavirus Guidance for America, transportation infrastructure is considered an “Essential Critical Infrastructure.” Additionally, transit capital projects are not subject to the State of California’s Stay at Home order, therefore Metro construction projects continue to progress.
The design-builder continues piling within the intersection at Avenue of the Stars/Constellation Blvd. This weekend, the contractor will install piles on the northeast and southeast corners of the intersection.* A closure of northbound Avenue of the Stars at Constellation Blvd. will be required. The contractor will maintain one northbound lane from Olympic Blvd. to Constellation Blvd., where vehicles will be directed to turn left toward Century Park West. Southbound traffic lanes may also be reduced at Constellation Blvd. Notification of upcoming intersection closures will be provided in future notices.
- Weekend partial closure of northbound Avenue of the Stars at Constellation Blvd. (see yellow area on map)
- Friday, September 18 at 8pm through Monday, September 21 at 6am
- Weekend closures of the intersection will be ongoing through November 23, 2020
- Northbound Avenue of the Stars will be reduced to one lane from Olympic Blvd. to Constellation Blvd. Vehicles traveling northbound will be detoured west to Century Park West.
- Southbound Avenue of the Stars will remain open for through traffic with one lane open.
- The north and south crosswalks will be intermittently closed, but at least one will remain open at all times. All other crosswalks will remain accessible to pedestrians.
- 1800 Avenue of the Stars will be accessible via southbound Avenue of the Stars from Santa Monica Blvd only. Flaggers will maintain limited access to 1900 Avenue of the Stars via southbound Avenue of the Stars from Santa Monica Blvd.
- *Construction is dynamic and is subject to change.
- Work has received necessary permits and approvals or are pending approval by the City of Los Angeles.
- Access to driveways, residences & businesses will be maintained at all times unless notified in advance.
- Access for pedestrians will be maintained outside of construction zones.
- Access for the Fire Department and emergency responders will be maintained.
- Parking restrictions will be implemented in the immediate area of the work zone.
- Metro 24-hour Hotline: 213.922.6934.
- Please review our construction safety tips
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained
- *Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice
For information changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro or visit: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/
More About Metro
Eat Shop Play
Support businesses located along the project alignment! Eat, Shop, Play locally during construction. For all the details, visit metro.net/eatshopplay
Business Interruption Fund
Metro's Business Interruption Fund (BIF) provides financial assistance to qualifying small “mom and pop” businesses directly impacted by construction; learn more by visiting metro.net/bif. To apply, visit Metro’s program administrator, Pacific Coast Regional Small Business Development Corporation (PCR).
Doing Business with Metro
Metro works with small businesses throughout Los Angeles County! Would you like to be one of our vendors? Visit business.metro.net for more details.