As part of the Federal government’s Coronavirus Guidance for America, transportation infrastructure is considered an “Essential Critical Infrastructure.” Additionally, transit capital projects are not subject to the State of California’s Stay at Home order, therefore Metro construction projects continue to progress.
Beginning on Friday, December 4,* and continuing on subsequent weekends, southbound San Vicente Blvd. at the intersection of Wilshire Blvd. will be closed to through traffic. The travel lane from southbound San Vicente Blvd. to westbound Wilshire Blvd. will be maintained. A detour route will be in place over the duration of each weekend closure.
- Friday to Monday, December 4 to 7, December 11 to 14, December 18 to 21, January 4 to 7*
- Traffic control may be implemented as early as 9pm on Friday night, and will be continuously in place as late as 6am on Monday morning. This will allow crews to begin work immediately upon arrival to the work zone.
- Work hours are anticipated to be 6am to 6pm on Saturday and Sunday.
*Dates are subject to change
- The intersection of Wilshire Blvd. and San Vicente Blvd.
- Through movements on southbound San Vicente Blvd. through Wilshire Blvd. will be restricted. A hard closure will be in place at Wilshire Blvd.
- Movement from southbound San Vicente Blvd. to westbound Wilshire Blvd. will be maintained.
- Eastbound Wilshire Blvd. will be reduced to a single lane through the intersection.
- Southbound San Vicente Blvd.: Turn left on Beverly Blvd., heading east. Turn right on Fairfax Ave., heading south. Turn onto San Vicente Blvd.
- Southbound San Vicente Blvd. (Alternate 1): Turn left on 3rd St., heading east. Turn right on Fairfax Ave., heading south. Turn onto San Vicente Blvd.
- Southbound San Vicente Blvd. (Alternate 2): Turn right on Wilshire Blvd., heading west. Turn left on La Cienega Blvd., heading south. Turn left on Olympic Blvd., heading east. Turn onto San Vicente Blvd.
- Eastbound Burton Way: Turn right on La Cienega Blvd., heading south. Turn left on Olympic Blvd., heading east. Turn onto San Vicente Blvd.
- Access to driveways in the closure areas will be maintained.
- Access for Emergency Vehicles & First Responders will be maintained.
Our construction may have relocated your bus stop, or changed your route. For information changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro or visit: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/
- Metro Bus Line 30 will be detoured around this work zone during these weekend closures.
- Construction within project staging yards is 24-hours/day.
- All work has received necessary permits and approvals.
- Access for pedestrians will be maintained outside of the construction zone.
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained.
- *Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice.
- 24/7 Hotline: 213.922.6934
- Please review our construction safety tips
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained
More About Metro
Eat Shop Play
Support businesses located along the project alignment! Eat, Shop, Play locally during construction. For all the details, visit metro.net/eatshopplay
Business Interruption Fund
Metro's Business Interruption Fund (BIF) provides financial assistance to qualifying small “mom and pop” businesses directly impacted by construction; learn more by visiting metro.net/bif. To apply, visit Metro’s program administrator, Pacific Coast Regional Small Business Development Corporation (PCR).
Doing Business with Metro
Metro works with small businesses throughout Los Angeles County! Would you like to be one of our vendors? Visit business.metro.net for more details!