As part of the Federal government’s Coronavirus Guidance for America, transportation infrastructure is considered an “Essential Critical Infrastructure.” Additionally, transit capital projects are not subject to the State of California’s Stay at Home order, therefore Metro construction projects continue to progress.
A K-Rail enclosure has been implemented within the center lanes of the Wilshire Blvd./San Vicente Blvd. intersection. The enclosure is expected to be in place for approximately 2 months and will support ongoing tunnel and mitigation work underneath Wilshire Blvd. All left turns within the Wilshire Blvd./San Vicente Blvd. intersection will be closed while the K-Rail is in place. Directional closures will be implemented on weekends.
- K-Rail work zone in place starting Friday, September 4 for a period of approximately 2 months
- Work hours within the K-Rail work zone is TBD, additional details will be available in future communications
- Work is anticipated to occur 7 days a week over the full duration of the K-Rail work zone
- The intersection of Wilshire Blvd. and San Vicente Blvd.
- Lane reductions:
- Eastbound Wilshire Blvd. between Tower Dr. and San Vicente Blvd. will be reduced to two lanes.
- Westbound Wilshire Blvd. between about 500 ft. west of La Jolla Ave. and San Vicente Blvd. will be reduced to two lanes.
- Northbound San Vicente Blvd. between Warner Dr. and Wilshire Blvd. will be reduced to a single lane.
- Southbound San Vicente Blvd. between 6th St. and Wilshire Blvd. will be reduced to a single lane.
- All left turns within the Wilshire Blvd./San Vicente Blvd. intersection will be closed while the K-Rail work zone is in place.
- Between La Cienega Blvd. and San Vicente Blvd., intermittent single lane closures will be implemented on Wilshire Blvd., reducing eastbound traffic to one lane. These lane reductions are anticipated to be in place during off-peak hours.
- Northbound San Vicente Blvd. to westbound Olympic Blvd. to northbound La Cienega Blvd.
- Southbound San Vicente Blvd. to eastbound 3rd St. to southbound Fairfax Ave.
- Westbound Wilshire Blvd. to southbound Fairfax Ave. to westbound Olympic Blvd.
- Eastbound Wilshire Blvd. to northbound Robertson Blvd. to eastbound 3rd St.
*Work is pending approval from the City of Beverly Hills and the City of Los Angeles
The 720 bus stop at Wilshire Blvd. and La Cienega Blvd. has been temporarily relocated to Willaman Dr. Our construction may have relocated your bus stop, or changed your route. For information changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro or visit: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/
- Construction within project staging yards is 24-hours/day.
- All work has received necessary permits and approvals.
- Access for pedestrians will be maintained outside of the construction zone.
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained.
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice.
- 24/7 Hotline: 213.922.6934
- Please review our construction safety tips
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained
More About Metro
Eat Shop Play
Support businesses located along the project alignment! Eat, Shop, Play locally during construction. For all the details, visit metro.net/eatshopplay
Business Interruption Fund
Metro's Business Interruption Fund (BIF) provides financial assistance to qualifying small “mom and pop” businesses directly impacted by construction; learn more by visiting metro.net/bif. To apply, visit Metro’s program administrator, Pacific Coast Regional Small Business Development Corporation (PCR).
Doing Business with Metro
Metro works with small businesses throughout Los Angeles County! Would you like to be one of our vendors? Visit business.metro.net for more details!