Beginning 9pm on Friday, May 7, and continuing through 6am Monday, May 10, eastbound Wilshire Blvd. will be closed to all traffic at La Brea Ave. This closure will support utility maintenance on Wilshire Blvd. and La Brea Ave.
When: 9pm Friday, May 7, through 6am Monday, May 10.
Where: Wilshire Blvd. and La Brea Ave.
- Eastbound Wilshire Blvd. will be fully closed from the east side of the Wilshire/La Brea intersection to Orange Dr. The traffic taper will begin at Cochran Ave.
- Northbound La Brea Ave. will be reduced to a single lane between 8th St. and 6th St.
- Southbound La Brea Ave. will be reduced to two lanes between 6th St. and 8th St.
- Westbound Wilshire Blvd. between Mansfield Ave. and La Brea Ave. will be reduced to a single lane.
- Local access to Wilshire Blvd. will be maintained at Orange Dr.
- Left turns in the Wilshire/La Brea intersection will be impacted.
Eastbound traffic will be detoured along the following route:
- At La Brea Ave. turn left, heading north.
- At 6th St. turn right, heading east.
- At Highland Ave. turn right, heading south.
- Continue onto Wilshire Blvd.
- Access to driveways on the south side of Wilshire will be restricted while the closure is in place.
- The north-south crosswalk on the west side of the Wilshire/Sycamore intersection will be maintained.
- Access to the shopping center at Wilshire and Sycamore will be restricted from Wilshire Blvd. Access is maintained on Sycamore Ave.
- Access for Emergency Vehicles & First Responders will be maintained.
Metro bus stops may be relocated or lines could be impacted. For information changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro or visit: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/bus/
- All work has received necessary permits and approvals.
- Access for pedestrians will be maintained outside of the construction zone.
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained.
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice.
- Information Hotline: 213-922-6934