As part of the Federal government’s Coronavirus Guidance for America, transportation infrastructure is considered an “Essential Critical Infrastructure.” Additionally, transit capital projects are not subject to the State of California’s Stay at Home order, therefore Metro construction projects continue to progress.
The design-build contractor will implement intermittent sidewalk reductions on Wilshire Blvd. between Crescent Dr. and Stanley Dr. to facilitate geotechnical instrumentation along the Purple (D Line) Extension tunnel alignment. These reductions will still maintain a minimum 5-foot clearance on all sidewalks during work hours. This work may be implemented as early as January 8 to January 22, 2021*. Pedestrian access will be maintained outside the closure.
- January 8 to January 22, 2021* from 7am to 4pm
- Intermittent sidewalk reductions on Wilshire Blvd. between Crescent Dr. and Stanley Dr.
- All sidewalks will remain accessible with 5-foot clearance during work hours. For your safety, do not use streets as a walkway.
Our construction may have relocated your bus stop, or changed your route. For information changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro or visit: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/
- Construction within project staging yards is 24-hours/day.
- All work has received necessary permits and approvals.
- Access for pedestrians will be maintained outside of the construction zone.
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained.
- *Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice.
- 24/7 Hotline: 213.922.6934
- Please review our construction safety tips
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained
More About Metro
Eat Shop Play
Support businesses located along the project alignment! Eat, Shop, Play locally during construction. For all the details, visit metro.net/eatshopplay
Business Interruption Fund
Metro's Business Interruption Fund (BIF) provides financial assistance to qualifying small “mom and pop” businesses directly impacted by construction; learn more by visiting metro.net/bif. To apply, visit Metro’s program administrator, Pacific Coast Regional Small Business Development Corporation (PCR).
Doing Business with Metro
Metro works with small businesses throughout Los Angeles County! Would you like to be one of our vendors? Visit business.metro.net for more details!