Maintenance of Way building contractors will perform utility relocation and street improvement on the west and east sides of South Santa Fe Ave. in January. This work will occur on two Saturdays: January 12 and 19 from 6am to 6pm. Parking will be temporarily restricted on both sides of South Santa Fe Ave between Palmetto St. and 6th St.
To accomplish this work, directional closures will be required on Santa Fe Ave.
- For the southbound Santa Fe Ave. directional closure, the detour will require a right turn onto Mateo St., southbound (left) turn to eastbound 7th St, and a left turn to return to Santa Fe Ave.
- For the northbound directional closure, the detour requires a westbound (left) turn onto 7th St., a right turn onto northbound Mateo St, and a right turn to return to Santa Fe Ave.
- TIME: From 6am to 6pm
- WHEN: Saturdays only: January 12 and January 19
- WHERE: Santa Fe Ave. between Palmetto St. and 6th St.
- All work has received necessary permits and approvals.
- Access to driveways, residences & businesses will be maintained at all times unless notified in advance.
- Access for pedestrians will be maintained outside of construction zones.
- Access for the Fire Department and emergency responders will be maintained.
- Parking restrictions will be implemented in the immediate area of the work zone.
- For emergencies or issues needing immediate attention only, please call Metro 24-hour Hotline at 213.922.6934
- Please review our construction safety tips
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice
For information changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro or visit: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/
More About Metro
Eat Shop Play
Support businesses located along the project alignment! Eat, Shop, Play locally during construction. For all the details, visit metro.net/eatshopplay
Business Interruption Fund
Metro's Business Interruption Fund (BIF) provides financial assistance to qualifying small “mom and pop” businesses directly impacted by construction; learn more by visiting metro.net/bif. To apply, visit Metro’s program administrator, Pacific Coast Regional Small Business Development Corporation (PCR).
Doing Business with Metro
Metro works with small businesses throughout Los Angeles County! Would you like to be one of our vendors? Visit business.metro.net for more details!