Beginning on Saturday, July 28, Los Angeles Department of Water and Power will start installing electric underground conduit and pulling cable on the west and east sides of South Santa Fe Ave. This work will occur every Saturday from 6am to 6pm. Parking will be temporarily restricted on both sides of South Santa Fe Ave. between Palmetto St. and 6th St.
To accomplish this work, directional closures will be required on Santa Fe Ave.
- For the southbound Santa Fe Ave. directional closure, the detour will require a right turn onto Mateo St., southbound (left) turn to eastbound 7th St. and a left turn to return to Santa Fe Ave.
- For the northbound directional closure, the detour requires a westbound (left) turn onto 7th Street, a right turn onto northbound Mateo St. and a right turn to return to Santa Fe Ave.
TIME: Saturdays from 6am to 6pm
WHEN: Saturday July 28 through Saturday, September 1
WHERE: Santa Fe Ave. between Palmetto St. and 6th St.
- Construction within project staging yards is 24-hours/day.
- All work has received necessary permits and approvals.
- Access for pedestrians will be maintained outside of the construction zone.
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained.
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice.
- 24/7 Hotline: 213.922.6934
- Please review our construction safety tips
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained
Our construction may have relocated your bus stop, or changed your route. For information changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro or visit: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/
More About Metro
Eat Shop Play
Support businesses located along the project alignment! Eat, Shop, Play locally during construction. For all the details, visit metro.net/eatshopplay
Business Interruption Fund
Metro's Business Interruption Fund (BIF) provides financial assistance to qualifying small “mom and pop” businesses directly impacted by construction; learn more by visiting metro.net/bif. To apply, visit Metro’s program administrator, Pacific Coast Regional Small Business Development Corporation (PCR).
Doing Business with Metro
Metro works with small businesses throughout Los Angeles County! Would you like to be one of our vendors? Visit business.metro.net for more details!