Beginning Monday, November 5, 2018, and continuing daily, Monday thru Friday, from 7am to 3:30pm, for 10 weeks, Metro Contractors will be performing abatement of non-recyclable materials work in preparation for anticipated structure demolition activities. This work will take place at the following locations:
- National Cold Storage Facility, 815 East Temple Street, 234 Center Street, 210 Center Street
All work is completed within the building. Thru traffic will be maintained during this activity.
The Division 20 Portal Widening and Turnback Facility Project will bring improvements to the Division 20 Rail Yard that will allow for improved service times at Union Station and throughout the Metro Red/Purple Line system.
For more information about the project, visit metro.net/division20.
What to Expect
- 7am to 3:30pm, Monday thru Friday
- Work begins Monday, November 5th and is anticipated to last approximately 10 weeks.
- All work has received necessary permits and approvals
- Access for pedestrians will be maintained outside of the work zone.
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained.
- The activity complies with legal requirements and regulations set by Cal OSHA and AQMD for waste removal prior to building demolition activities.