As part of the Federal government’s Coronavirus Guidance for America, transportation infrastructure is considered an “Essential Critical Infrastructure.” Additionally, transit capital projects are not subject to the State of California’s Stay at Home order, therefore Metro construction projects continue to progress.
Metro contractors will pothole to examine underground infrastructure along the western half of Commercial St. near Center St. and Metro’s Division 20 rail yard. Please note there will be intermittent noise, excavation, and limited sawing of street pavement. The street surface will be restored after potholing is complete.
What to Expect
- What: Potholing activities on the street
- Where: Southern side of Commercial Street
- When: Monday, August 17, 2020 to Friday, August 21, 2020
- Hours of Construction: 7am – 5pm
- Access to businesses and their driveways will not be impacted.
- Business utilities in the immediate area will not be affected by the construction work.
- Work will be limited to the southern and western side of Commercial St. The north side of Commercial St. will remain open to traffic. A flagman will be onsite during the construction activities to aid traffic flow.
The Division 20 Portal Widening and Turnback Facility Project will enhance the Division 20 Rail Yard to allow for improved service times throughout the Metro B Line (Red)/D Line (Purple) system.
Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice. Work activity is subject to weather Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice. Work activity is subject to weather conditions.