As part of the Federal government’s Coronavirus Guidance for America, transportation infrastructure is considered an “Essential Critical Infrastructure.” Additionally, transit capital projects are not subject to the State of California’s Stay at Home order, therefore Metro construction projects continue to progress.
Metro contractors continue with utility relocation and electrical installation within the Division 20 rail yard near 4th Street on Monday, August 10. Construction may occur from 7am through 5pm next to and behind the One Santa Fe building. Work consists of excavation, conduit installation, shoring and backfilling of trenches. Work will continue for the next three months. Please note there will be intermittent noise during this construction.
What to Expect
- What: Utility relocation and electrical installation
- Where: Within Metro Division 20 Rail Yard, east of One Santa Fe Apartments
- When: Monday, August 10, 2020. Activities to continue for the next 3 months.
- Hours of Construction: 7am – 5pm
- All work will be contained within Metro’s property.
- All work has received necessary permits and approvals.
- Utilities used by residents and businesses will not be impacted.
- Access to businesses and driveways will not be impacted.
The Division 20 Portal Widening and Turnback Facility Project will enhance the Division 20 Rail Yard to allow for improved service times throughout the Metro B Line (Red)/D Line (Purple) system.
Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice. Work activity is subject to weather Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice. Work activity is subject to weather conditions.