Decking Preparatory Work on Crenshaw Bl at 67th St
As part of the Crenshaw/LAX Transit Project, Metro is building an underground tunnel for the new light-rail line in the Hyde Park neighborhood. The tunnel will be under Crenshaw Bl from 60th St to 67th St and is being built using a “cut and cover” method.
Metro’s contractor, Walsh-Shea Corridor Constructors (WSCC), will be working on preparatory decking activities on 67th St beginning October 17, 2016 and lasting approximately five weeks. This work will be conducted in phases with a full weekend closure during the three weeks. Prior to that closure, a separate notification will be sent out with the closure details.
During the first phase of this work:
- One lane northbound and southbound will be restricted on Crenshaw Bl.
- Eastbound and westbound through traffic at the intersection of 67th St and Crenshaw Bl will be restricted.
- Eastbound and westbound traffic on 67th St will need to make a right turn onto northbound or southbound Crenshaw Bl.
- Left turns will be restricted at the intersection.
During second phase of work:
- There will be a full closure of 67th St on the west side of the intersection.
- Left turns will be restricted from northbound Crenshaw Bl onto 67th St
- One southbound lane on Crenshaw Bl will be closed.
WHAT: Decking preparatory work
WHEN: October 17, 2016 from 6am to 5:00pm, Monday to Friday; 9pm to 6am Monday to Friday; 8am to 5pm Saturday and Sunday, weather permitting.
WHERE: Crenshaw Bl & 67th St
DURATION: Three weeks for phase 1, two additional weeks for phase 2
What to Expect:
- Access to emergency responders will be maintained.
- The work at this intersection requires closing either the northern or southern crosswalk on 67th St and Crenshaw Bl.
- One east and west crosswalk will be maintained at any time.