September 18, 2019: Updates to turn restrictions and parking for work on Alameda St, between 2nd and Commercial.
August 7, 2019: This work will require intermittent closures of the eastside Alameda St sidewalk and north/south side of Temple St during work hours.
Regional Connector Constructors (RCC) continues utility investigation/relocation on Temple St, between Judge John Aiso and Garey St, and on Alameda St, between 2nd St and Commercial St. Anticipate lane reductions on Alameda St and Temple St, and directional closures on Temple St.
Work is ongoing for approximately four months, through September 2019. Anticipated work hours, weather permitting, are:
- Monday through Friday from 9 am to 3:30 pm and from 7 pm to 6 am.
- Saturdays from 7 am to 7 pm.
Sunday work may be scheduled at a later date. A supplemental notice will be issued once work is scheduled.
These reductions will not take place concurrently. Motorists are encouraged to follow alternate route signage.
Day time activities include saw cutting, grinding, pavement removal, excavation, surveying of existing underground utilities, and relocation.
Night time activities include excavation, installation of conduit, backfill, and paving.
Access to adjacent buildings will be maintained. Pedestrian access will be maintained outside of the construction zone.
What to Expect
Alameda St, between 2nd St and Commercial St
- Thru traffic will be maintained
- Right-turns onto eastbound 1st St will be restricted intermittently. Detour: use Commercial St to Vignes St, back onto 1st St
- Metered parking on the east side of Alameda St between 2nd St and 1st St will be restricted intermittently during work hours.
- The pedestrian sidewalk on the west side of Alameda St between 2nd St and 1st St will be restricted intermittently during work hours. Detour: use the east side sidewalk as an alternate route
- This work is being coordinated with other relocation activities in the area.
- Thru traffic maintained. Lane reductions on Temple St during the week. Directional closures in place on Saturdays.
- The pedestrian sidewalk on the north and south side of Temple St between Alameda St and Garey St will be restricted during work hours. Detour: use the north side sidewalk as an alternate route.
Eastbound Temple St Directional Closure
- Detour: Left on northbound (NB) Alameda St, right on Commercial St, right on Garey St, and a right back onto Temple St.
Westbound Temple St Directional Closure
- Detour: left onto southbound (SB) Vignes St, right on 1st St, right on Alameda St, and a left back onto Temple St.