July 19, 2019: Pile installation is anticipated to begin within the Mangrove yard on Wednesday, July 24, and continue for approximately four months..
June 21, 2019: Additional weekend work hours added.
RCC will continue utility investigation in preparation for pile installation along northbound Alameda St, within the Mangrove yard and at Temple St. Anticipate lane reductions on Alameda St and Temple St.
Pile installation is anticipated to begin within the Mangrove yard on Wednesday, July 24, 2019 and continue for approximately four months.
Anticipated work hours are:
- Monday through Friday, from 7 am to 9 pm
- Starting Saturday, July 27, Saturdays from 8 am to 6 pm.
Additional work may be scheduled at a later date. A supplemental notice will be issued once work is scheduled.
Activities include; saw cutting, excavation, surveying of existing underground utilities, relocation, pile installation and backfilling.
Access to all adjacent businesses will be maintained at all times.
Bus stops near the Temple St/Alameda St intersection will be relocated. Signage will identify new stops on Temple St. For updates please visit metro.net/alerts
What to Expect
- Thru traffic on Temple and Alameda St will be maintained at all times.
- Pedestrian access will be maintained outside of the work zone.
- Lane reductions will be in place
- Left turn movement restrictions will be in place intermittently
- Motorists are encouraged to follow alternate route signage
- The pedestrian sidewalk on the east side of Alameda between Commercial St and Temple St will be restricted intermittently during work hours. Detour: use the west side sidewalk as an alternate route.
- Anticipate lane and weekend street closures on Temple St as early as July 2019.