September 27, 2019: Anticipated work hours, weather permitting, are now from 4 am to 11 pm, Monday through Saturday.
Regional Connector Constructors (RCC) will continue to perform construction activities at the future Little Tokyo/Arts District Station, 1st St leg (between Hewitt and Alameda St) and the Mangrove yard (1st/Temple St) to support ongoing construction and tunneling operations.
Work is anticipated to continue through 2019. Anticipated work hours, weather permitting, are from 4 am to 11 pm, Monday through Saturday. Sunday work will be scheduled as needed.
Activities include: excavation, hauling out spoils, installation of support of excavation bracing, equipment assembly/disassembly, housekeeping, steel rail installation, crane and locomotive operations and tunnel walkway construction.
What to Expect
- Activity will take place within construction yards.
- No additional traffic closures needed.
- 1st St and Central Av: Haul trucks will enter the 1st St/Central Av yard traveling southbound on Alameda St and exit northbound on Central Av.
- 1st St Portal: Haul trucks will enter the 1st St yard from eastbound 1st St and exit eastbound to Mission Rd.
- Flaggers will be on site to assist truckers entering and exiting the yard.