Friday, January 19: Traffic closures modified in anticipation to Saturday's demonstration in downtown Los Angeles.
Regional Connector Constructors (RCC) will begin efforts to retrieve the Tunnel Boring Machine (TBM) at the 4th St and Flower St intersection.
Full weekend closures of 4th/Flower intersection are anticipated to begin at 9 pm Friday night, January 19, through 5 am Monday morning, January 22, and the following weekends:
- January 26, 2018
- February 2, 2018
- February 9, 2018
- February 16, 2018
- February 23, 2018
- March 2, 2018
- March 9, 2018
- March 16, 2018
- March 23, 2018
- March 30, 2018
Activities include: traffic implementation, setting k-rail, grinding, striping, deck panel removal, saw cutting, excavation, TBM component removal, steel installation, gantry crane installation, equipment and material installation and removal.
Local access to businesses will be maintained during the closure. Pedestrian access will be maintained outside the work area. Flaggers will be onsite to facilitate access.
What to Expect
Due to the Women’s March on Saturday, January 20, LADOT has modified the 4th St closure as follows:
- Friday, January 19: in effect from 9 pm to 5 am
- Saturday, January 20, in effect from 5 pm to Monday, January 22, at 5 am
- These times exclude Saturday day from 5 am to 5 pm where the 3rd St off-ramp will remain open
- RCC will be utilizing a WATCH implementation on Saturday from 5 am to 5 pm allowing for thru traffic on Flower St (4th St to 5th St); one lane open Saturday only between 5 am and 5 pm.
Thru traffic reduced to two lanes on Flower St, 3rd St to 5th St.
- Lower 4th St from Figueroa St to Flower St reduced to one lane.
- Construction activities behind k-rail from 7 am to midnight.
Weekend detours 9 pm Friday to 5 am Monday:
- One thru lane on Flower St between 3rd St and 5th St from 7 pm to 9 pm. A full closure will be in place at 9 pm.
- Flower St thru traffic will detour to Grand Av at 1st St, then to 5th St., back to Flower St.
- Southbound Flower St traffic will detour Westbound at 3rd St to Beaudry, then back to 6th St.
- J2 Garage (South), Citigroup Center and The Bonaventure Hotel access will be allowed from 5th St/Flower St.
- For World Trade Center and Bank of America enter at 3rd St/Flower St.