Regional Connector Constructors (RCC) will continue cut and cover activities on Flower St between 5th St and 6th St.
The first weekend closure will start at 9 pm on Friday, September 8, 2017 and will remain in place through 5 am on Monday, September 11, 2017. Starting September 15, the closures will continue every weekend (except on holidays) from 7 pm Fridays to 5 am Mondays for approximately three months.
The following activities will take place during the closure:
Saw cutting, roadway removal, utility investigation, pile installation (8 am–9 pm, Saturday and Sunday), cap beam installation
Excavation, protection of utilities and temporary deck panel installation
Deck panels will serve as a temporary roadway to facilitate excavation and construction of the tunnel box while maintaining access to thru traffic at street level.
Learn about additional street closures at 6th St, between Flower and Figueroa St. Read the notice
Local access to businesses will be maintained during the closure from Hope St or Grand Av. Pedestrian access will be maintained outside the construction area.
This work will be coordinated with other activities in the corridor, including the 6th St. closure at the intersection of 6th St. and Flower St.
What to Expect
- Flower St traffic detour to Grand Av at 1st St, to Wilshire Bl, back to Flower St.
- Southbound I-110 traffic detour to 4th St off-ramp, to Grand Av, to Wilshire Bl, back to Flower St.
- Northbound I-110 off-ramp traffic detour onto eastbound 9th St. off-ramp to Hope St, to 7th St back to Flower St.
- Eastbound 6th St. thru traffic detour to southbound Bixel St, to eastbound Wilshire Bl, back to Flower St.
- Flower St. decking weekend closures - Detours
- Southbound Flower St traffic will detour westbound at 3rd St to Beaudry, to Wilshire Bl, back to Flower St.
- For the Westlawn parking garage access will be from Grand Av south of 5th St.
- For the California Club and Paragon Parking detour westbound at 3rd St to Beaudry, to Wilshire Bl and access from Hope St.
- Flower St. decking weekend closures - Local Access