RCC will begin retrieving the Tunnel Boring Machine (TBM) at the 4th St. and Flower St. intersection. This activity requires full weekend closures of the 4th St./Flower St. intersection.
Closure will begin at 6 pm on Saturday, June 17, and continue through 5 am on Monday, June 19. One thru lane will be maintained on Flower St., 3rd St. to 5th St. from 8 am – 6 pm.
Subsequent weekend intersection closures will begin at 7pm Fridays and continue through 5am Mondays.
Thru traffic will be restricted on Flower St. from 3rd St. to 5th St. and 4th St. from Figueroa St. to Flower St., for 10 weekends.
Work will continue behind k-rail from 7 am to 3:30 pm and 3:30 pm to midnight, Monday through Friday.
Activities include: deck panel removal, excavation, TBM component removal, steel installation, gantry crane installation, equipment/material delivery and removal.
The southerly crosswalk at 4th/Flower will be closed. Pedestrian access will be maintained outside the construction area.
Flaggers will be onsite to facilitate access.
What to Expect
Every weekend (except holidays) through August 21, 2017 starting 7 pm Fridays through 5 am Mondays.
Lower 4th St. from Figueroa St. to Flower St. will be restricted on weekends only.
- Flower St. thru traffic will be detoured to Grand Ave. at 1st St., then to 5th St., back to Flower St.
- Flower St. traffic at 3rd St. will detour westbound to Beaudry, then back to 6th St.
- J2 Garage (South), Citigroup Center and The Bonaventure Hotel access will be allowed from 5th/Flower.
- For World Trade Center and Bank of America enter at 3rd St/Flower St.
Weekday lane reductions
- Flower St. will be reduced to 2 through lanes from 3rd to 5th St.
- Lower 4th St will be reduced to 1 lane