Friday, August 11: Duration of weekend closure reduced to one day only— beginning Friday at 9 pm and ending Satruday at 8 pm.
Friday, July 7: Start of work is now scheduled for 9 pm on Fridays.
Friday, June 30: See how the TBM is lifted by a strand jack gantry crane in this short video.
Friday, June 23: This work has been postponed and will continue the weekend of July 7.
RCC will begin retrieving the Tunnel Boring Machine (TBM) at the 4th St. and Flower St. intersection. This activity requires full weekend closures of the 4th St./Flower St. intersection.
Closure will begin at 9 pm on Friday, July 7, 2017 and continue through 5 am on Monday, July 10, 2017.
Thru traffic will be restricted on Flower St. from 3rd St. to 5th St. and 4th St. from Figueroa St. to Flower St., for 10 weekends. Work will continue behind k-rail from 7 am to 3:30 pm and 3:30 pm to midnight, Monday through Friday.
Activities include: deck panel removal, excavation, TBM component removal, steel installation, gantry crane installation, equipment/material delivery and removal.
The southerly crosswalk at the 4th/Flower intersection will be restricted. Pedestrian access will be maintained outside the construction area.
Flaggers will be onsite to facilitate access.
What to Expect
Weekend closures: Every weekend (except holidays) through August 21, 2017 starting 7 pm Fridays through 5 am Mondays.
Lower 4th St. from Figueroa St. to Flower St. will be restricted on weekends only.
- Flower St. thru traffic will be detoured to Grand Ave. at 1st St., then to 5th St., back to Flower St.
- Flower St. traffic at 3rd St. will detour westbound to Beaudry, then back to 6th St.
- J2 Garage (South), Citigroup Center and The Bonaventure Hotel access will be allowed from 5th/Flower.
- For World Trade Center and Bank of America enter at 3rd St/Flower St.
Weekday lane reductions
- Flower St. will be reduced to 2 through lanes from 3rd to 5th St.
- Lower 4th St will be reduced to 1 lane