Friday, May 26: The northbound I-110 6th St off-ramp exit will be closed during lane reconfiguration. This closure will be in effect until 6 pm, Saturday, June 3, only.
RCC will begin reconfiguration of traffic lanes in preparation for the full closure of 6th St. between Flower St. and Hope St., and the southbound (SB) I-110 off-ramp.
Reconfiguration of traffic lanes will begin on Friday, June 2, from 7 am to 7 pm and continue on Saturday, June 3, from 8 am to 6 pm. 6th St. will be fully closed on Saturday, June 3. The closure of 6th St. and the SB I-110 off-ramp will be in place for five months.
Pedestrian access will be maintained at all times. Access to driveways will be maintained during work hours.
Activities include lane striping, signal modifications, installing k-rail, sound walls and traffic signage. During this time please plan ahead and use alternate routes.
The NB I-110 6th St off-ramp exit will be closed during implementation. This closure is in effect until approximately 6 pm.
The following will be restricted intermittently during traffic implementation:
- 6th St. full closure, from Figueroa St. to Flower St; local access only
- Flower St lane reductions, from 4th St to Wilshire Blvd.
- Left turns from Flower St. onto EB 6th St.
What to Expect
Friday, June 2
6th St. Traffic:
- Lane reductions on EB 6th St. from Witmer St. to Figueroa St.
Wilshire Blvd Traffic.:
- Lane reductions on Wilshire Blvd. from Lebanon St. to Grand Ave.
Saturday June 3
- SB I-110 6th St. off-ramp will detour to the 4th St. off-ramp, to Grand Ave. then back on to 6th St
- NB I-110 6th St off-ramp will be closed. Use alternate route via I-110 9th St. off-ramp
- EB 6th St. thru traffic will detour to SB Bixel St. to EB 7th St. to Olive St., back on to 6th St